American parsley fern
On this page:
Definition of the noun american parsley fern
What does american parsley fern mean as a name of something?
- rock-inhabiting fern of northern North America growing in massive tufts and having fronds resembling parsley
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Cryptogramma acrostichoides
- synonym of American parsley fern: American rock brake
- more generic term: rock brake = dwarf deciduous lithophytic ferns
- member of: Cryptogramma / genus Cryptogramma = sometimes placed in family Polypodiaceae or Cryptogrammataceae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American parsley fern
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Sapotaceae English: American parsley fern C. crispa (L.) R. Br. English: parsley fern C. stelleri (S.G. Gmelin) Prantl (Pteris stelleri S.G. Gmelin) English: slender rock brake, slender cliff brake, Steller's rock brake, fragile rock brake French: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American parsley fern
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about American parsley fern
Cryptogramma acrostichoides (American parsley fern)
Photo credit: oliveoligarchy
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American parsley fern to find many related words and phrases!