On this page:
- read more about Wild About Harry
- "American Primitive" is a book written by Mary Oliver.
- "American Primitive" is a play by William Gibson about the lives of John and Abigail Adams. Gibson used the correspondence of John and Abigail Adams to create a verse drama about the period of the American Revolution. American Primitive debuted at the Berkshire Theatre Festival in 1969 in a production directed by Frank Langella and featuring Anne Bancroft as Abigail Adams.
- "American primitive" is a book by Roger Ricco.
- also known as "American primitive: discoveries in folk sculpture"
"American Primitive" is a musical album of Steve James.
- released on (10 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Primitive
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gerard C. Wertkin
was an influential collector, dealer, and writer, whose seminal They Taught Themselves: American Primitive Painters of the Twentieth Century, published in 1942,was thefirst book todescribe and ...
Modern Music and Musicians: The great composers, part 2. Critical and biographical sketches on modern music ; Pronouncing dictionary of musical terms ; Biographical dictionary of musicians (1918)
Burton's abovementioned “American Primitive Music,” and J. W. Work's “Folk Song of the ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
American Practical Navigator Nathaniel Bowditch American Pragmatist Trinity John Dewey, William James, Charles Sanders Pierce American Primitive Painters Edward Hicks, Grandma Moses American Propagandist Novelist Upton Sinclair ...
by James Gilbert Ryan, Leonard C Schlup
Further Reading: Jane Kallir, Grandma Moses: The Artist Behind the Myth, 1982; Otto Kallir, Grandma Moses, 1973; Grandma Moses and Louis Bromfield, Grandma Moses: American Primitive: ...
by Andrew Smith
The Wild Rice Gatherers of the Upper Lakes: A Study in American Primitive Economics. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1901. An old and out-of-print but exhaustive resource available in PDF version online ...
by Caryn Hannan
This intensive study resulted in the publication in 1903 of "Songs of the Ojibway Indians," later amplified and developed into American Primitive Music. This work was posthumously published in 1909. An interesting opportunity for Burton to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Primitive
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Primitive to see it in context!