On this page:
- American Princess is an American reality competition that aired on WE tv from August 7, 2005, until October 7, 2007. It is hosted by Catherine Oxenberg with Jean Broke-Smith and Paul Burrell serving as judges. American Princess is based on the George Bernard Shaw play Pygmalion and Alan Jay Lerner's My Fair Lady in a modern setting, where twenty American women who are average, plain, and rather ill-mannered, are taken to London, England to master the finer arts of British society and be crowned "American Princess" and earn valuable prizes. But first, the women have to learn how to eat dinner, handle cutlery, serve tea, walk in high heels, dance, and act as a proper royal should be.
- American Princess a.k.a. American Princess Cruises, based in Neponsit, Queens under the TWFM Ferry Service, Inc., offers ferry, sightseeing, and yacht charter excursions in Long Island, New Jersey, and New York City. It is one of several private ferry operators in the Port of New York and New Jersey.
- read more about American Princess Cruises
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Princess
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Newberry House Magazine (1892)
The little American princess is a delightful child to 730 OF CHILDREN'S TREASURIES.
Follow My Footprints (1992)
Changing Images of Women in American Jewish Fiction by Sylvia Barack Fishman
This unironic and remarkably naive description of the so-called Jewish American princess is a fundamentally accurate depiction of the sociological beginnings of this stereotype. The yearning to be American, to fit in, was translated in many ...
An Encyclopedia by Claudia Mitchell, Jacqueline Reid-Walsh
The book notes that the JAP stereotype has proved popular enough to spawn the BAP (Black American Princess), CAP (Chinese American Princess), and IAP ( Italian American Princess). While the variations are endless, JAP is the one that ...
by Jennifer McClinton-Temple, Alan Velie
Work Author: Paula Gunn Allen Attributedto Pocahontas, the Native American princess who helped establish peace between the colonists and the Indians, the phrase that is the provocative title ofthe collection is immediately telling, since ...
A Practical Compilation of Today's Acronyms and Abbreviations
Japan; Japanese JAP derogatory Jewish American Princess Jas. James jato jet- assisted takeoff JATS job application tracking system Jav. Javanese JAWF Joint Agriculture-Weather Facility JAX Jacksonville International Airport JAYCEES ...
by Joyce Appleby, Eileen Chang, Neva Goodwin
Margaret Brent developed a close friendship with Mary Piscataway, a Native American princess whom Brent raised and educated. The Cherokee leader Nancy Ward warned white settlers about impending raids and saved Mrs. Bean, a captive ...
An Encyclopedia of Swearing (2015)
The Social History of Oaths, Profanity, Foul Language, and Ethnic Slurs in the English-speaking World by Geoffrey Hughes
Other coded terms in the United States are goldberg, limited to Black English, and JAP, an abbreviation pronounced “jap” for Jewish American Princess, dating from the late 1960s. According to Hugh Rawson, “Always portrayed as rich, spoiled ...
by Vincent Terrace
The one woman who most improves herself receives a golden tiara and the title “American Princess.” Mark Durden-Smith hosts.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Princess
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American Princess
Click on an item to view that photo:
- American Princess
Photo credit: brownpau
- American Princess
Photo credit: echoroo
- Emily Zanotti of ChicagoNow's American Princess
ChicagoNow blogger and political woman-about-town Emily Zanotti joined us in the Michigan Avenue showcase studio to talk about shenanigans that took place during the election at polling places around Chicagoland.
Photo credit: Amy Guth
- Pirate Native American Princess giving the mad dog look.
Photo credit: ryanrocketship
- Modern Day American Princess
The Gathering of Nations
Photo credit: echoroo
Video about American Princess
Discordian American Princess meaning and pronunciation
When a Disney Princess creates chaos by showing she's not as pure as people think, she becomes a Discordian American Princess. It also applies to any ...
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of American Princess for some fun with words!