On this page:
Definition of the noun american pulsatilla
What does american pulsatilla mean as a name of something?
- short hairy perennial with early spring blue-violet or lilac flowers; North America and Siberia
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Anemone ludoviciana / Pulsatilla patens
- synonyms of American pulsatilla: American pasqueflower / blue tulip / Eastern pasque flower / lion's beard / prairie anemone / wild crocus
- more generic terms: pasque flower / pasqueflower = any plant of the genus Pulsatilla
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American pulsatilla
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Companion to the British and American Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeias Arranged in the Form of a Dictionary (1890)
by Lawrence T. Ashwell
American Pulsatilla. Habitat, British America, valley of the Rocky Mountains, on the Missouri and Platte, Illinois. The entire plant is used, and should be collected when in flower in the spring. Preparation. — Tincture corresponding in alcoholic ...
by John Henry Clarke
American Pulsatilla. Pasque Flower (American). Anemone Ludo- viciana. A. nuttaliana. N. 0. Ranunculaceae. Tincture whole plant. Clinical. — Amenorrhoea. Clavus. Cold ; liability to. Deafness.
by John Henry Clarke
American Pulsatilla. Pasque Flower (American). Anemone Ludoviciana. A. nuttaliana. N. O. Ranunculaceae. Tincture of whole plant. Clinical. —Amen0rrhoea. Clavus. Cold; liability to. Deafness.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American pulsatilla
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American pulsatilla to find many related words and phrases!