American red elder
is an acrostic for are.
On this page:
Definition of the noun american red elder
What does american red elder mean as a name of something?
- common North American shrub or small tree
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Sambucus pubens
- synonyms of American red elder: red-berried elder / stinking elder
- more generic terms: elder / elderberry bush = any of numerous shrubs or small trees of temperate and subtropical northern hemisphere having white flowers and berrylike fruit
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American red elder
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Carole J. Skelly
American red elder; Redberried elder; Stinking elder (Sambucus racemosa) European red elder ( Sambucus ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms. Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
English: American red elder, red-berried elder, stinking elder S. racemosa L. (Sambucus miquelii (Nakai) Kom. & Klob.- Alis.) English: European red elder, red-berried elder, red elderberry China: chieh ku mu, hsu ku mu, mu so tiao S.
by Robert Alan Lewis
pubens (American red elder; red- berried elder; stinking elder). a large shrub up to 8m tall, with warty bark and brown pith, pubescent branches, and 5—7 ovate-lanceolate leaflets which are downy or glabrous beneath. The ripe, cooked ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American red elder
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American red elder to find many related words and phrases!