American red plum
On this page:
Definition of the noun american red plum
What does american red plum mean as a name of something?
- wild plum trees of eastern and central North America having red-orange fruit with yellow flesh
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Cerasus americana / species Cerasus americana / Cerasus canadensis / species Cerasus canadensis / Cerasus hyemalis / species Cerasus hyemalis / Padus canadensis / species Padus canadensis / Prunus acinaria / species Prunus acinaria / Prunus canadensis / species Prunus canadensis / Prunus coccinea / species Prunus coccinea / Prunus hyemalis / species Prunus hyemalis / Prunus mississipi / species Prunus mississipi / Prunus mollis / species Prunus mollis / Prunus spinosa / species Prunus spinosa / Prunus americana
- synonyms of American red plum: August plum / goose plum
- more generic terms: wild plum / wild plum tree = an uncultivated plum tree or shrub
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for American red plum
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael A. Dirr
Prunus americana, American red plum, fall color Prunus angustifolia, chickasaw plum CULTIVARS AND VARIETIES Many have been selected for fruit quality. as Prunus avium and others, require another clone for cross-pollination and fruit ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American red plum
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American red plum to find many related words and phrases!