American Repertory Theater
is an acrostic for art.
On this page:
The American Repertory Theater is a professional not-for-profit theater in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Founded in 1980 by Robert Brustein, the A.R.T. is known for its commitment to new American plays and music–theater explorations; to neglected works of the past; and to established classical texts reinterpreted in refreshing new ways. Over the past thirty years it has garnered many of the nation's most distinguished awards, including a Pulitzer Prize, a Tony Award, and a Jujamcyn Award. In December 2002, the A.R.T. was the recipient of the National Theatre Conference's Outstanding Achievement Award, and in May 2003 it was named one of the top three theaters in the country by Time Magazine. The A.R.T. is housed in the Loeb Drama Center at Harvard University. The A.R.T. houses the Institute for Advanced Theater Training at Harvard University and the Harvard-Radcliffe Drama Club.
- also known as A.R.T.
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Regional Theatre Tony Award
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical - "Porgy and Bess", with Rebecca Gold, Jerry Frankel, Jeffrey Richards, Ken Mahoney, Howard Kagan, Terry Schnuck, Judith Resnick, Christopher Hart, Irene Gandy, Will Trice, Mark S. Golub, David S. Golub, Matthew Deitch, Joseph Deitch, Broadway Across America, Freitag Productions, Cheryl Wiesenfeld, The Leonore S. Gershwin 1987 Trust, Universal Pictures Stage Productions, Koenigsberg Filerman, Alden Badway, Paper Boy Productions, The Broadway Consortium & Lucio Simons
- Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical - "Porgy and Bess", with Rebecca Gold, Jerry Frankel, Cheryl Wiesenfeld, Jeffrey Richards, Ken Mahoney, Howard Kagan, Terry Schnuck, Judith Resnick, Christopher Hart, Irene Gandy, Will Trice, Mark S. Golub, David S. Golub, Matthew Deitch, Joseph Deitch, Paper Boy Productions, Broadway Across America, Freitag Productions, The Leonore S. Gershwin 1987 Trust, Universal Pictures Stage Productions, Koenigsberg Filerman, Alden Badway, Brunish & Trinchero, The Broadway Consortium, Robert G. Bartner & Norman Tulchin
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Revival of a Play - "The Glass Menagerie", with Jeffrey Richards, INFINITY Stages, Lucky VIII, GFour Productions, Jam Theatricals, Michael Palitz, Scott M. Delman, Mary Beth O'Connor, Scott Mauro, Lou Spisto, Rebecca Gold, Will Trice, John Hart, Charles E. Stone, Jerry Frankel & Deborah Taylor
- official website: dianepaulus.net
American Repertory Theater a.k.a. American Repertory Theater Loeb Drama Center is a theater located in Cambridge, MA.
- read more about American Repertory Theater Loeb Drama Center
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Repertory Theater
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mark A. Robinson
Texas Alliance Theatre Atlanta, Georgia American Conservatory Theater San Francisco, California American Repertory Theater Cambridge, Massachusetts Arden Theatre Company Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Arena Stage Washington, ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
Air Reserve Technician; American Repertory Theater; Arithmetic Reading Test; Arithmetic Reasoning Test; Artificer; Art Resources in Teaching; Assisted Reproductive Technologies; Aviation Radio Technician ARTA American River Touring ...
by Luca Prono
” American repertory Theater web site. www.amrep.org/people/rudnick.html; “out with It.” 1997; SPLICEDwire. http://www.splicedonline.com/features/rudnick2.html ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Repertory Theater
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Repertory Theater to see it in context!