American Revolutionary War
On this page:
- Definition of the noun american revolutionary war
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Revolutionary War
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Revolutionary War
- Photos about American Revolutionary War
- Video language resources about American Revolutionary War
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun american revolutionary war
What does american revolutionary war mean as a name of something?
- the revolution of the American Colonies against Great Britain; 1775-1783
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of American Revolutionary War: American Revolution / American War of Independence / War of American Independence
- instance of: revolution = the overthrow of a government by those who are governed
- battle of Bunker Hill / Bunker Hill = the first important battle of the American War of Independence (1775) which was fought at Breed's Hill
- battle of Cowpens / Cowpens = battle in the American Revolution
- Fort Ticonderoga / Ticonderoga = a pitched battle in which American revolutionary troops captured Fort Ticonderoga from the British in 1775
- Lexington and Concord / Lexington / Concord = the first battle of the American Revolution
- Battle of Monmouth Court House / Monmouth Court House / Battle of Monmouth = a pitched battle in New Jersey during the American Revolution (1778) that ended with the withdrawal of British forces
- battle of Saratoga / Saratoga = a battle during the American Revolution
- siege of Yorktown / Yorktown = in 1781 the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
Alternative definition of the noun american revolutionary war
- The American Revolution
- synonym: The Revolutionary War
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Revolutionary War
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Encyclopedia by Alexander Mikaberidze
This charge was leveled against British Colonel Banastre Tarleton after the Battle of Waxhaws American Revolutionary War, Atrocities during the | 13 Further Reading American Revolutionary War, Atrocities ...
A State-by-State Encyclopedia by Spencer C. Tucker
first used as a redoubt during the American Revolutionary War, when Brigadier General George Rogers Clark established a base there in 1780. The post was abandoned the following year. Fort Jefferson (also known as Camp Crittenden) and ...
by Terry M. Mays
Mapping the American Revolutionary War. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1978 ...
A Dictionary of Slang, Jargon & Cant Embracing English, American, and Anglo-Indian Slang, Pidgin English, Gypsies' Jargon and Other Irregular Phraseology (1897)
by Albert Barrère, Charles Godfrey Leland
Scotch for bad money, is much older than the American Revolutionary War. Shins (common), to ...
by James C. Bradford
American Revolutionary War Gibraltar (October 1782) strengthened the British diplomatic hand. However, Britain had begun to disengage in America with the evacuation of Savannah (July 1782) and the following November agreed to a ...
by Mark G. Spencer
prior to the American Revolutionary War, found themselves rendered increasingly as “ primitive” objects of study and sympathy by enlightened American writers circa 1783– 1820.
Music in American Life: An Encyclopedia of the Songs, Styles, Stars, and Stories that Shaped our Culture [4 volumes] (2013)
An Encyclopedia of the Songs, Styles, Stars, and Stories That Shaped Our Culture by Jacqueline Edmondson Ph.D.
Thus, American Revolutionary War songs praised the courage of the American revolutionaries, ...
by Scot Schraufnagel
During the late 18th century, relations with Britain were still very tense following the American Revolutionary War. American terms for the treaty, which was signed in late 1794 and went into effect early in 1796, were largely dictated by ...
Volume 3: History by Charles Reagan Wilson
The American Revolutionary War was as much a maritime as a land war in the southern colonies. The British blockade extended as far south as Savannah, and privateers from Charleston, New Bern, Norfolk, and other ports along the South ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Revolutionary War
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American Revolutionary War
Click on an item to view that photo:
American Revolutionary War
Photo credit: dawgs1265
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about American Revolutionary War
Click on an item to play that video:
- American Revolutionary War Meaning
Video shows what American Revolutionary War means. The American Revolution. American Revolutionary War Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- American Revolutionary War Leaders A Biographical Dictionary
American Revolutionary War Leaders A Biographical Dictionary Donwload Here ...
See also the pronunciation examples of American Revolutionary War!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Revolutionary War to see it in context!