American Samoa (country)
On this page:
American Samoa is an unincorporated territory of the United States located in the South Pacific Ocean, southeast of Samoa.
- also known as Sāmoa Amelika, Amelika Sāmoa, Amerika Sāmoa, AS, Eastern Samoa
- founded in (116 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- capital: Pago Pago
- instance of: district / dominion / territorial dominion / territory = a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- part: Pango Pango / Pago Pago = a port in American Samoa
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Samoa (country)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American Samoa (country)
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Pago Pago Harbor, American Samoa
Photo Credit: Tavita Togia, National Park Service of American Samoa | Wikimedia Commons
Photo credit: eutrophication&hypoxia
- American Samoa: Settlement Points
Settlement points with population estimates are used in GRUMP as a guide tovreallocation of population from rural areas to urban extents defined by stable night-time lights. The level of detail available in the settlement points database varies by country.
Photo credit: SEDACMaps
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Samoa to see it in context!