American shrew mole
On this page:
Definition of the noun american shrew mole
What does american shrew mole mean as a name of something?
- greyish-black shrew mole of the United States and Canada
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Neurotrichus gibbsii
- more generic term: shrew mole = slender mole having a long snout and tail
- member of: genus Neurotrichus / Neurotrichus = shrew moles
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for American shrew mole
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia of Animals (2004)
A Complete Visual Guide by Fred Cooke
oz (220 g, t Solitary f Vulnerable E Europe American shrew mole About the size of a shrew and without the large forelimbs of other moles, this animal is North America's smallest mole It is also the only mole able to climb bushes * Up to 3 m ( 8 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American shrew mole
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American shrew mole to find many related words and phrases!