On this page:
Definition of the noun American smokewood
What does American smokewood mean as a name of something?
- shrubby tree of southern United States having large plumes of feathery flowers resembling puffs of smoke
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Cotinus americanus / species Cotinus americanus / Cotinus cotinoides / species Cotinus cotinoides / Cotinus ellipticus / species Cotinus ellipticus / Cotinus retusus / species Cotinus retusus / Rhus americana / species Rhus americana / Rhus cotinoides / species Rhus cotinoides / Rhus cotinus / species Rhus cotinus / Cotinus obovatus
- synonym of American smokewood: chittamwood
- more generic terms: smoke bush / smoke tree = any of several shrubs or shrubby trees of the genus Cotinus
- geographic area: North America
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for American smokewood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jim Gardiner
See Ilex opaca American smokewood. See Cotinus obovatus angelica tree. See Aralia elata Apache plume. See Fallugia paradoxa apple rose. See Rosa villosa ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American smokewood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American smokewood to find many related words and phrases!