On this page:
Definition of the noun american spicebush
What does american spicebush mean as a name of something?
- deciduous shrub of the eastern United States having highly aromatic leaves and bark and yellow flowers followed by scarlet or yellow berries
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Lindera benzoin
- synonyms of American spicebush: Benjamin bush / Benzoin odoriferum / spice bush / spicebush
- more generic words: bush / shrub = a low woody perennial plant usually having several major stems
- member of: genus Lindera / Lindera = aromatic evergreen or deciduous dioecious shrubs or trees of eastern Asia and North America
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American spicebush
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American spicebush to find many related words and phrases!