American star grass
is an acrostic for asg.
On this page:
Definition of the noun american star grass
What does american star grass mean as a name of something?
- perennial star grass of North America
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Hypoxis carolinensis / species Hypoxis carolinensis / Hypoxis erecta / species Hypoxis erecta / Hypoxis graminea / species Hypoxis graminea / Hypoxis grandis / species Hypoxis grandis / Hypoxis hirsuta hirsuta / form Hypoxis hirsuta hirsuta / Hypoxis hirsuta villosissima / form Hypoxis hirsuta villosissima / variety Hypoxis hirsuta hirsuta / Hypoxis micrantha / species Hypoxis micrantha / Hypoxis pallida / species Hypoxis pallida / Hypoxis pilosa / species Hypoxis pilosa / Hypoxis villosa / species Hypoxis villosa / Ornithogalum hirsutum / species Ornithogalum hirsutum / Ornithogalum hypoxis / species Ornithogalum hypoxis / Hypoxis hirsuta
- more generic term: star grass = any plant of the genus Hypoxis having long grasslike leaves and yellow star-shaped flowers: Africa; Australia; southern Asia
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American star grass
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Cultivated Plants, Etc by Thomas William Saunders
Hypoxia (American Star Grass). — Ord. Amaryllidacese. Greenhouse flowering plants. Nat. N. America, Cape of Good Hope, Natal, Algoa Bay. HY6S0P. ICELAND POPPY. Int. 1762.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American star grass
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American star grass to find many related words and phrases!