American sweet gum
is an acrostic for asg.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun american sweet gum
What does american sweet gum mean as a name of something?
- a North American tree of the genus Liquidambar having prickly spherical fruit clusters and fragrant sap
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Liquidambar styraciflua
- synonyms of American sweet gum: bilsted / red gum / sweet gum / sweet gum tree
- more generic word: liquidambar = any tree of the genus Liquidambar
- member of: genus Liquidambar / Liquidambar = sweet gum
- substance: liquidambar / sweet gum = aromatic exudate from the sweet gum tree
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American sweet gum
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
English: red gum, American sweet gum, sweet gum Central America: estoraque, ...
by Carole J. Skelly
American storax or styrax;American sweet gum; Bilsted; ...
Landscaping Lexicon (2012)
by Manuel Horiot, Alexandra Massat
maple Eucalyptus Honey locust Ash Spindle tree European euonymus Beech American sweet gum Kobus magnolia Horse chestnut tree Wild cherry-tree Hackberry Néflier Noisetier de Byzance Noyer Orme Orme de Sibérie Paulownia. 38.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American sweet gum
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American sweet gum
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American sweet gum to find many related words and phrases!