On this page:
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Maureen Foley, Bill Haney, Lucia Small
- executive producers: Robert Laubacher & James Rosenfield
- production design by Roger Danchik
- written by Maureen Foley & Billy Smith
- cinematography by Tommy Maddox-Upshaw
- edited by Sabrina Zanella-Foresi
- music by Seamus Egan
- set decoration by Ami Boghani & Grace Laubacher
- genres: Indie film, Romance Film, Drama
- released in (11 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Wake
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Celtic Music (2001)
A Complete Guide by June Skinner Sawyers
The American wake is a variation of waking. It symbolized death, for in all likelihood it was assumed that the nineteenth- century emigrant would never return. To loved ones and friends back home, departing was equivalent to death. There was ...
Social, Cultural, and Historical Perspectives by Scott C. Martin
The modern American wake is a somber affair, with people wearing black or other dark clothing unless the deceased or survivors specify otherwise. The tobacco and snuff are out of fashion now, but they remain in use ceremonially at wakes.
The Irish Use of English by Terence Patrick Dolan
" 'American wake', a meeting of friends with ...
by Simon J Bronner
brated with the so-called American wake—many of today's Irish in America return annually. The distinctions among Irish Americans, American Irish (Irish-born living in America, though some wholly reject the term), and “the Irish in America” ( the ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
7, 1982 American Wake. noun. a farewell party for those emigrating to America in the late C19 and early C20 IRELAND They used to have parties in the old ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Wake
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about American Wake
All American Wake
Photo credit: Coyote Point Yacht Club
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of American Wake for some fun with words!