American War of Independence
On this page:
- Definition of the noun american war of independence
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American War of Independence
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American War of Independence
- Photos about American War of Independence
- Anagrams of AMERICAN WAR OF INDEPENDENCE
- Share this page
Definition of the noun american war of independence
What does american war of independence mean as a name of something?
- the revolution of the American Colonies against Great Britain; 1775-1783
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of American War of Independence: American Revolution / American Revolutionary War / War of American Independence
- instance of: revolution = the overthrow of a government by those who are governed
- battle of Bunker Hill / Bunker Hill = the first important battle of the American War of Independence (1775) which was fought at Breed's Hill
- battle of Cowpens / Cowpens = battle in the American Revolution
- Fort Ticonderoga / Ticonderoga = a pitched battle in which American revolutionary troops captured Fort Ticonderoga from the British in 1775
- Lexington and Concord / Lexington / Concord = the first battle of the American Revolution
- Battle of Monmouth Court House / Monmouth Court House / Battle of Monmouth = a pitched battle in New Jersey during the American Revolution (1778) that ended with the withdrawal of British forces
- battle of Saratoga / Saratoga = a battle during the American Revolution
- siege of Yorktown / Yorktown = in 1781 the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American War of Independence
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Paul Baines, Julian Ferraro, Pat Rogers
American War of Independence begins near Boston. Cook's second voyage concluded. Richard Brinsley Sheridan, The Rivals. Johnson, A Journey to the Western Islands of Scotland. Jane Austen born. 1776 American Declaration of ...
by John Cannon
American War of Independence ians as a refuge for poor persons, attempts to ban slavery and strong drink failed; it developed as a plantation-based society. In the north, no staples dominated. Families rather than indentured servants went to ...
by Joy Palmer
American war of independence \ The American war of independence,. Allied Powers American civil ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American War of Independence
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American War of Independence
If you need images about American War of Independence for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Anagrams of AMERICAN WAR OF INDEPENDENCE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American War of Independence to see it in context!