American water shrew
On this page:
Definition of the noun american water shrew
What does american water shrew mean as a name of something?
- water shrew of North America
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Sorex palustris
- more generic term: water shrew = any of several small semiaquatic shrews usually living near swift-flowing streams
- member of: genus Sorex / Sorex = type genus of the family Soricidae: shrews
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for American water shrew
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Comprehensive Guide to Mammals of North America by MobileReference
palustris The American Water Shrew (Sorex palustris) or Northern Water ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American water shrew
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American water shrew to find many related words and phrases!