On this page:
Definition of the noun american wisteria
What does american wisteria mean as a name of something?
- an eastern United States native resembling the cultivated Japanese wisteria having pale purple-lilac flowers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: ? macrostachys / unranked ? macrostachys / Bradlea macrostachya / species Bradlea macrostachya / Bradlea macrostachys / species Bradlea macrostachys / Glycine frutescens / species Glycine frutescens / Kraunhia frutescens / species Kraunhia frutescens / Kraunhia macrostachya / species Kraunhia macrostachya / Kraunhia macrostachys / species Kraunhia macrostachys / Wisteria frutescens macrostachya / variety Wisteria frutescens macrostachya / Wisteria macrostachya / species Wisteria macrostachya / Wisteria macrostachya albolilacina / form Wisteria macrostachya albolilacina / Wisteria frutescens
- synonym of American wisteria: American wistaria
- more generic words: wistaria / wisteria = any flowering vine of the genus Wisteria
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American wisteria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael A. Dirr
MORE Wisteria frutescens, American wisteria CULTIVARS AND VARIETIES Variety alba ('Alba') ...
From Africanized Honey Bees to Zebra Mussels by Susan L. Woodward, Joyce A. Quinn
American wisteria, also called Atlantic wisteria, is native to the southeastern U.S. coastal plain from Virginia south to Florida and west to eastern Texas. It can be found climbing over shrubs and fences in moist thickets adjacent to water bodies.
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
American wisteria (W. frutescens) and Kentucky wisteria (W. macrostachya) are native to the U.S. witan \9wi-t!n\ or witenagemot \9wi-t3n-2-g2-0m+t\ Council of the Anglo-Saxon kings in medieval England. Usually attended by highranking ...
by Walter Erhardt, Allen J. Coombes
• E:American Wisteria; G : Amerikanischer ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American wisteria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American wisteria
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ezra S F
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of American wisteria to find many related words and phrases!