On this page:
"American Women" is a 2000 comedy film directed by Aileen Ritchie.
- also known as The Closer You Get
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- production design by Tom McCullagh
- Seán McGinley as Ian O'Donnell
- Ian Hart as Kieran O'Donnell
- Niamh Cusack as Kate O'Leary
- Ewan Stewart as Pat O'Leary
- Sean McDonagh as Sean Mulligan
- Ruth McCabe as Mary Mulligan
- Cathleen Bradley as Siobhan
- Pat Shortt as Ollie Doyle
- Risteárd Cooper as Father Hubert Mallone
- Pat Laffan as Giovanni
- Britta Smith as Mrs. Duncannon
- Joan Sheehy as Joan
- Patricia Martin as Mrs. Lock
- Dessie Gallagher as Mickey
- Deborah Barnett as Ella
- Frank Laverty as Brian
- Doreen Keogh as Mrs Giovanni
- Pauline Hutton as Deirdra
- Nuala O'Neill as Molly
- Michael McDougall as Liam
- Nora Keneghan as Mrs Campbell
- Antonio Sierra as Spanish sailor #1
- Massimo Marraccini as Spanish sailor #2
- Tito Heredia as Spanish sailor #3
- Thomas Timoney as Spanish sailor #4
- Philippe Buret as Spanish sailor #5
- Brian Cannon as Bus Driver
- Nikki Fox as American girl #1
- Karen Noble as American girl #2
- Regina Ford as American girl #3
- Jackie Quinn as Jackie Fitzpatrick
- Bo Derek as Jenny Hanley
- Dudley Moore as George Webber
- Maureen O'Brien as Dollie Doyle
- genres: Romance Film, Romantic comedy, Comedy
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released in (15 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Women
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Native Women Surviving Violence by Sarah Deer, Bonnie Clairmont, Carrie A. Martell
Domestic violence experienced by Native American women is a serious health threat. According to the Centers for Disease Control, intimate partner violence is one of the most serious public health problems in the United States.1 The National ...
African American Women's Contemporary Activism by Kimberly Springer
Addressing the role of religion in the organizing and mobilizing of African American women is a serious issue, one too important to be left to the machinations of the religious right. Spirituality is extremely important—but should not be used to ...
Fat Black Women's Unruly Political Bodies by Andrea Elizabeth Shaw
follows: The first controlling image applied to African American women is that of the mammy — the faithful, obedient domestic servant. Created to justify the economic exploitation of house slaves and sustained to explain black women's ...
The Railroad Trainman (1900)
by Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen
"The great charge made against our American women Is that they are extravagant and wasteful housewives, and there Is some foundation to this charge, because our American women, as a rule, are so thoroughly honest that they believe ...
Sex Similarities and Differences and the Impact of Society on Gender by Judith Worell
Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. Crown, New York. Ferree, M. M., and Martin, P. Y. (eds.) (1995). Feminist Organizations: Harvest of the New Women's Movement. Temple University Press, Philadelphia. Garcia, A. ( ed.) ...
Pioneering Lives From Ancient Times to the Mid-20th Century by Marilyn Ogilvie, Joy Harvey
AMERICAN WOMEN 1974 American Women: The Standard Biographical Dictionary of Notable Women. Ed. Durward Howes, Teaneck, N.J.: Zephyrus Press, 1974. AMS American Men of Science: A Biographical Dictionary. New York: Bowker ...
by Stephen L. Vaughn
“Devoted tothe Interestsof American Women,” wasamong several preCivil War papers promoting the“enlargement ofthe sphere ofwomen.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Women
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American Women
Click on an item to view that photo:
- African American Women (MDH)
Collection Name: African American Portrait Collection.
- Two African American women with baby
Title: [Two African American women with baby]
Date: ca. 1918-1920
Part Of: Lawrence T. Jones III Texas photography collection
Physical Description: 1 photographic print (postcard): gelatin silver...
- Group Portrait of African American Women (MSA)
Collection Name: African American Portrait Collection
Description: Seven women pose together holding hands.
Coverage: United States--Missouri
Date: ca. 1890
Rights: Copyright is in the public domain.
Quotes about American Women
I had this idea that I wanted to do this mixture of visions of African American women and visions of African American men. And call it 'The Men' and call it 'The Women' and show different faces of these two people. (Faith Ringgold)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Women to see it in context!