On this page:
"American Women" is a 2000 comedy film directed by Aileen Ritchie.
- also known as The Closer You Get
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- production design by Tom McCullagh
- Seán McGinley as Ian O'Donnell
- Ian Hart as Kieran O'Donnell
- Niamh Cusack as Kate O'Leary
- Ewan Stewart as Pat O'Leary
- Sean McDonagh as Sean Mulligan
- Ruth McCabe as Mary Mulligan
- Cathleen Bradley as Siobhan
- Pat Shortt as Ollie Doyle
- Risteárd Cooper as Father Hubert Mallone
- Pat Laffan as Giovanni
- Britta Smith as Mrs. Duncannon
- Joan Sheehy as Joan
- Patricia Martin as Mrs. Lock
- Dessie Gallagher as Mickey
- Deborah Barnett as Ella
- Frank Laverty as Brian
- Doreen Keogh as Mrs Giovanni
- Pauline Hutton as Deirdra
- Nuala O'Neill as Molly
- Michael McDougall as Liam
- Nora Keneghan as Mrs Campbell
- Antonio Sierra as Spanish sailor #1
- Massimo Marraccini as Spanish sailor #2
- Tito Heredia as Spanish sailor #3
- Thomas Timoney as Spanish sailor #4
- Philippe Buret as Spanish sailor #5
- Brian Cannon as Bus Driver
- Nikki Fox as American girl #1
- Karen Noble as American girl #2
- Regina Ford as American girl #3
- Jackie Quinn as Jackie Fitzpatrick
- Bo Derek as Jenny Hanley
- Dudley Moore as George Webber
- Maureen O'Brien as Dollie Doyle
- genres: Romance Film, Romantic comedy, Comedy
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released in (15 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for American Women
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Native Women Surviving Violence by Sarah Deer, Bonnie Clairmont, Carrie A. Martell
Domestic violence experienced by Native American women is a serious health threat. According to the Centers for Disease Control, intimate partner violence is one of the most serious public health problems in the United States.1 The National ...
Peculiar Passages (2005)
Black Women Playwrights, 1875 to 2000 by Carol Allen
To extract from this maturing discipline the contributions made by African American women is an act of triage that will force any scholar to relegate some portion of the American theater's convoluted saga to the shadows, but the effort is worthy ...
Illuminating the Darkness (2012)
Blacks and North Africans in Islam by Habeeb Akande
The notion that black women are less attractive than white, Asian and Native American women is an age old myth that has been perpetuated by non-blacks who do not appreciate the beauty of black women.5 The preference for fairer skinned ...
African American Women's Contemporary Activism by Kimberly Springer
Addressing the role of religion in the organizing and mobilizing of African American women is a serious issue, one too important to be left to the machinations of the religious right. Spirituality is extremely important—but should not be used to ...
Fat Black Women's Unruly Political Bodies by Andrea Elizabeth Shaw
follows: The first controlling image applied to African American women is that of the mammy — the faithful, obedient domestic servant. Created to justify the economic exploitation of house slaves and sustained to explain black women's ...
by Marilyn Bailey Ogilvie, Joy Dorothy Harvey
AMERICAN WOMEN 1974 American Women: The Standard Biographical Dictionary of Notable Women. Ed. Durward Howes. Teaneck, N.J.: Zephyrus Press, 1974. AMS American Men of Science: A Biographical Dictionary. New York: Bowker ...
Family, Body, Sexuality And Health by Suad Joseph, Afsāna Naǧmābādī
South Asian American women redefine self, family, and community, New Delhi 1999. A. G. Hasan, American Muslims. The new generation ...
Pioneering Lives From Ancient Times to the Mid-20th Century by Marilyn Ogilvie, Joy Harvey
American Women 1974 American Women: The Standard Biographical Dictionary of Notable Women. Ed. Durward Howes. Teaneck, N.J.: Zephyrus Press, 1974. AMS American Men of Science: A Biographical Dictionary. New York: Bowker ...
Sex Similarities and Differences and the Impact of Society on Gender by Judith Worell
Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. Crown, New York. Ferree, M. M., and Martin, P. Y. (eds.) (1995). Feminist Organizations: Harvest of the New Women's Movement. Temple University Press, Philadelphia. Garcia, A. ( ed.) ...
by Jonathan H. X. Lee, Kathleen M. Nadeau
On the other hand, Asian American folklore also operates as a source of healing for suicidal and depressed Asian American women, as they revise and practice traditional Asian American ideas about mental health and healing. According to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for American Women
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about American Women
Click on an item to view that photo:
- African American Women (MSA)
Collection Name: African American Portrait Collection.
- Group Portrait of African American Women (MSA)
Collection Name: African American Portrait Collection
Description: Seven women pose together holding hands.
Coverage: United States--Missouri
Date: ca. 1890
Rights: Copyright is in the public domain.
- Two African American women with baby
Title: [Two African American women with baby]
Date: ca. 1918-1920
Part Of: Lawrence T. Jones III Texas photography collection
Physical Description: 1 photographic print (postcard): gelatin silver...
- Three African American women friends
Photo credit: simpleinsomnia
- American Women in Cryptography
Taken at the National Cryptologic Museum, NSA.
Creative Commons photo courtesy of ideonexus, please feel free to use for your own purposes.
Photo credit: Ryan Somma
Quotes about American Women
If American men are obsessed with money, American women are obsessed with weight. The men talk of gain, the women talk of loss, and I do not know which talk is the more boring. (Marya Mannes)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of American Women to see it in context!