On this page:
- Americus is a city in Sumter County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 17,041. Americus is the home of Habitat for Humanity International's international headquarters, the famous Windsor Hotel, The Fuller Center for Housing international headquarters, The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving, Glover Foods and many more well-known organizations.
- Americus is a city in Lyon County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 896. It is part of the Emporia Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Americus is a small census-designated place in Tippecanoe County in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Americus is an unincorporated community in Chaffee County, Colorado, United States.
Americus, originally named Rey del Caredes and raced occasionally as Rey del Carreres, was an American Thoroughbred racehorse who was exported to England. He had some success as a racehorse, but was more notable for his influence at stud. He was bred in California and won the 1895 Culver Stakes prior to his export. He continued to race in England, until he was nine years old, while also standing as a breeding stallion. He stood at stud in Italy, Ireland, Germany, and Belgium before dying in Germany in 1910. Americus' most famous descendant was his great-granddaughter Mumtaz Mahal.
- born in (124 years ago)
Americus: There have been eight Minor leagues teams that have represented the city of Americus, Georgia. Since classification of the minors began, seven of them have been labeled as class D loops and one played in an independent league.
Phrases with Americus
- americus vespucius
- Cyamops Americus
- Papilio Americus
- Scorpio Americus
- Isometrus Americus
- Species Cyamops Americus
- Species Papilio Americus
- Species Scorpio Americus
- Species Isometrus Americus
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Americus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Biennial Report (1918)
by Kansas State Horticultural Society
The Americus is a splendid berry. It is highly productive and the fruit is easy to find, being borne on long, stiff stems, often showing high above the leaves. This is of doubtful value, as fruit and flowers thus exposed are subject to injury from hot ...
The Americus is shaped a good deal like the BederWood but dark red, the Americus is a Self bloomer, Francis also a perfect bloomer and shy plant maker. Berries are large and a little cone shaped, of good dark color and a great fruiter.
Containing the Proceedings of the ... Annual Session, ... Also Transactions of the Southeastern, Northeasten, Northwestern and Southwestern Horticultural Societies by Iowa State Horticultural Society
The Americus is shaped a good deal like -the Bederwood but dark red, the Americus is a self bloomer, Francis also a perfect bloomer and shy plant maker. Berries are large and a little cone shaped, of good dark color and a great fruiter.
Fodor's Dominican Republic (2008)
by Douglas Stallings
Dominicus Americus is a little treasure, having been developed mostly by Italians , who brought tourism to the local Dominicans. Very quaint, its original houses are painted mostly in Caribbean pastels—pinks, yellows, and blues. A more ...
by Benson John Lossing, Woodrow Wilson
Vespucius, AMERICUS.» VESPUCIUS. Vest, GEORGE GRAHAM, Senator ; ...
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
AMERICUS. A city and the county seat of Sumter Co., Ga., 70 miles south- southwest of Macon, at the junction of the...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Americus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Americus
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1M3E1R1I1C3U1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMERICUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Americus!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Americus to see it in context!