Ames appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Roy Ames, I was a wise mayor.
On this page:
- Ames is a city located in the central part of the U.S. state of Iowa in Story County. Lying approximately 30 miles north of Des Moines, it had a 2010 population of 58,965. The U.S. Census Bureau designates the Ames metropolitan statistical area as encompassing all of Story County; combined with the Boone, Iowa micropolitan statistical area, the pair make up the larger Ames-Boone combined statistical area. While Ames is the largest city in Story County, the county seat is in the nearby city of Nevada 8 miles east of Ames.
- Ames is a city in Liberty County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,079 at the 2000 census.
- Ames is an census-designated place in southern Dodge County, Nebraska, United States. It lies along U.S. Route 30 west of the city of Fremont, the county seat of Dodge County. Its elevation is 1,227 feet, and it is located at about 41°27′8″N 96°37′30″W / 41.45222°N 96.62500°W. Although Ames is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 68621.
- Ames a.k.a. Ames, Colorado: The historic Town of Ames is a Home Rule Municipality located in San Miguel County, Colorado, United States. Ames was the site of the world's first commercial system to generate and transmit alternating current electricity, the Ames Hydroelectric Generating Plant.
- read more about Ames, Colorado
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ames (city)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Ames (city)
Ames Street Art - Empty buckets
The community used special rubber-based traffic paint to fill in the design, which they received at the standard city utility price. The paint is manufactured specifically to withstand the typical wear-and-tear of being used on a city road. Photo: David Derong/Iowa State Daily
Photo credit: Ames247
View more pictures about Aldrich Ames.
Anagrams of AMES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ames!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ames to see it in context!