On this page:
- Definition of the noun amethyst
- Definition of the adjective amethyst
- Phrases with Amethyst
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amethyst
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amethyst
- Photos about Amethyst
- Video language resources about Amethyst
- Scrabble value of A1M3E1T1H4Y4S1T1
- Anagrams of AMETHYST
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun amethyst
What does amethyst mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: amethysts
- a transparent purple variety of quartz; used as a gemstone
Definition of the adjective amethyst
What does amethyst mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- of a moderate purple color
- similar: chromatic
Alternative definition of the adjective amethyst
- Having a colour similar to that of the gemstone
- Amethyst a.k.a. Marysia Kay is a retired Scottish actress, singer, and fight performer. She is best known for her role in Forest of the Damned. Her most recent appearances include the short films Record & Erase and Short Lease, and the horror movie Colour from the Dark, starring Debbie Rochon.
- read more about Marysia Kay (actress)
- Amethyst a.k.a. Amy Thiest is a pornographic actress.
- read more about Amy Thiest
There are other people with in their name, like Amethyst Baptiste.
Amethyst is a musical group.
Amethyst is a record label.
- "Amethyst" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- also known as Amethyst (1996.12.31)
- music and lyrics by Yoshiki
- "Amethyst" is a musical album of Billy Hart.
- "Amethyst" is a musical single of Zen Paradox.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Amethyst" is a musical album of The Happy Hollows.
- released on
- "Amethyst" is a musical single of Phase.
- released on
- "Amethyst" is a composition.
- music by Saint Helena Dove
"Amethyst" is a book by Lauraine Snelling.
- also known as "Amethyst (Dakotah Treasures #4)"
- genres: Romance novel, Fiction
- Amethyst is a violet variety of quartz often used in jewelry. The name comes from the Ancient Greek ἀ a- and μέθυστος methustos, a reference to the belief that the stone protected its owner from drunkenness. The ancient Greeks wore amethyst and made drinking vessels of it in the belief that it would prevent intoxication. It is one of several forms of quartz. Amethyst is a semiprecious stone and is the traditional birthstone for February.
- Amethyst is a canonical version, musical recording.
Phrases with Amethyst
- Amethyst Aster
- Amethyst Dancer
- Amethyst Eryngo
- Amethyst Gemclam
- Amethyst Woodstar
- Amethyst Stickseed
- Amethyst Brown Dove
- Amethyst Hairstreak
- Amethyst-Throated Sunangel
- Amethyst-Throated Hummingbird
- Amethyst-Throated Mountaingem
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amethyst
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia of Crystals (2007)
by Judy Hall
Bran denberg Amethyst Amethyst Spirit Quartz Crystal system Trigonal Chemistry SiOg Silicon dioxide with impurities Hardness 7 Source South Africa Chakra Higher crown, soma Number 3 Zodiac sign Aquarius, Pisces Planet Jupiter, ...
by Mohsen Manutchehr-Danai
amethyst; (1) a pale violet to purple or violet, transparent variety of quartz, the color being due to ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
The oriental amethyst is the hardest, scarcest, and most valuable ; h is generally of a dove colour, though some are purple, and others white like the diamond. The German is of a violet colour, and the Spanish arc of three sorts ; the best are the ...
by Scott Cunningham
The amethyst calms fears, raises hopes, lifts the spirits, and promotes thoughts of the spiritual reality behind our lives. Worn, it wards off guilt and self-deception, helps you overcome addictions such as alcoholism, curbs overindulgence, and ...
A Work of Reference for the Architect, Builder, Sculptor, Decorative Artist, and General Student. With Numerous Illustrations from All Styles of Architecture, from the Egyptian to the Renaissance by George Ashdown Audsley
AMETHYST. A precious stone, transparent, and of a fine violet colour, inclining in some specimens towards purple. The ordinary amethyst is a fine description of quartz, known as amethystine quartz, but the most rare and precious variety of the ...
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
The oriental amethyst is the hardest, scarcest, and most valuable ; it is generally of a dove colour, though some are purple, and others white. like the diamond. The German is a violet colour, and the Spanish are of three forts ; the best are the ...
by Kathryn A. Bard
Sites 5, 6 and 9—a hilltop settlement, a peak carved with inscriptions and drawings, and a fortress, respectively—constitute an area of intense Middle Kingdom amethyst mining activity. Site 5 consists of a hilltop settlement and adjacent ...
Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
AMETHYST. AMETHYST. AMHARA. AMISS.
by Anthony Bruce, William Cogar
The British warships London, Black Swan, and Consort attempted to rescue the Amethyst but failed. Some 70 further casualties resulted. The Amethyst was forced to remain immobile for some fourteen weeks while unsuccessful negotiations to ...
by T V Sairam
amethyst, bloodstone, coral, garnet, lapis lazuli, ruby, quartz Taurus (April 20– May 20) agate, emerald, peridot, jade, lapis lazuli, topaz, turquoise, quartz Gemini (May 21– June 21) agate, ...
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana; Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge on an Original Plan Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings Edited by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose (1845)
Miscellaneous and lexicographical, vol. 1
AMETHYST. M A METHYST. AMHARA. WV AMHARA. AMIABLE. M the divines of both parts, in that. every part of Holland. There is a glass-house of some note in the place, at least for a Dutch manufactory ofthis description, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amethyst
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amethyst
Click on an item to view that photo:
Playing with stones
Photo credit: storebukkebruse
Photo credit: arsheffield
Week 3: C is for Crystal
#39: Something you treasure
Photo credit: Andrew Gustar
Color enhanced amethyst clusters, Brazil
Photo credit: jaja_1985
Photo credit: steph.clifford
Photo credit: jaja_1985
Photo credit: James E. Petts
Photo credit: steph.clifford
This image was captured for the Macro Mondays theme: "crystal".
Photo credit: krheesy
Some rain on saturday, most models were covered up but Kjell Tore doesn't care
Photo credit: aerowold
Photo credit: sfllaw
Lens: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Photo credit: © Axel Naud
Photo credit: Arenamontanus
Photo credit: grassrootsgroundswell
Feel free to use this photograph according to the rights described.
Credit as "Barta IV"
Please leave a small picture or a link in the comments to show how you used this photo in your work.
Enjoy and be creative.
Photo credit: Barta IV
Amethyst, a popular gemstone, means 'not drunken' in Greek, and it was widely believed in the ancient world to halt the effects of alcohol.
Photo credit: UCL Geology Collections
Photo credit: UCL Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Photo credit: Holly Leighanne.
- Amethyst and cyclamen
If daffodils and primroses are the flowers of spring - all over England, cyclamen are the flowers of autumn, with their great bulging corms and sweet delicate blooms.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend :^)
Photo credit: The hills are alive*
- Amethyst Crystal
Photo credit: Nathaniel_U
- Wand & Amethyst
Photo credit: Jlhopgood
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Amethyst
Click on an item to play that video:
- A True Pisces Birth Stone for February: The Metaphysical Meaning of Amethyst
A True Pisces Birthstone for February and The Metaphysical Meaning of Amethyst discussion.
- Amethyst Meaning of Crystals and Power Stones Meanings.
- February Birthstone (Amethyst Meaning)
written by Claire Cooper...
- Amethyst Meaning
Video shows what amethyst means. A transparent purple variety of quartz, used as a gemstone.. A purple colour.. The purple tincture when emblazoning the ...
- The Real Meaning Behind Amethyst
See also the pronunciation examples of Amethyst!
Scrabble value of A1M3E1T1H4Y4S1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMETHYST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Amethyst!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amethyst to see it in context!