On this page:
- Definition of the noun amharic
- Definition of the adjective amharic
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amharic
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amharic
- Photos about Amharic
- Quotes about Amharic
- Scrabble value of A1M3H4A1R1I1C3
- Anagrams of AMHARIC
- Share this page
Definition of the noun amharic
What does amharic mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- the dominant and official language of Ethiopia; a Semitic language much influenced by the Cushitic language with which Amhara have been in close contact
Alternative definition of the noun amharic
Definition of the adjective amharic
What does amharic mean as an attribute of a noun?
- related to or characteristic of or written in Amharic
- example: the Amharic language
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
"Amharic" is a book by Sergei Obolensky.
Amharic is a language.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amharic
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Concise Dictionary of Gecez (2010)
by Wolf Leslau
Amharic (the national language of Ethiopia), Argobba, Harari, Gafat, and Gurage (called South Ethiopic). Although Geez ceased to be spoken in the ...
by Frank Moore Colby, Talcott Williams
employing an alphabet of which the Phoenician is the type, and including Hebrew and Aramaic together with Nabatsean and Pal- myrene; and the South Semitic, whose alphabet is represented by the modern Abyssinian character ( Amharic, ...
by Bernard Reich, David H. Goldberg
An Amharic term derived from Hebrew for house of Israel for Jews of Ethiopian origin. Similar to the term Falasha (Amharic for strangers). See also FALASH MURA. BETAR. Hebrew acronym for Brit Yosef Trumpeldor (Joseph Trumpeldor Pact).
by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren, Heinz-Josef Fabry
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amharic
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amharic
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Amharic
A fool bull will look only for the green grass without looking the danger of toppling over the steep valley.
more quotes about amharic...
Scrabble value of A1M3H4A1R1I1C3
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMHARIC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Amharic!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amharic to see it in context!