Amid appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Sir, bed dim Ann amid debris.
- Go Damian amid salad. Alas, dim Ana, I am a dog.
- Strap racks amid a boss so bad I mask car parts.
On this page:
- amiD is a gene.
- Amid a.k.a. Chaldean Diocese of Amid: The Diocese of Amid was a diocese or archdiocese of the Chaldean Church from the sixteenth to the twentieth century. From at least the 13th century the city of Amid had been part of the Diocese of Maiperqat of the Church of the East; following the schism of 1552 it became the seat of its own diocese in the Chaldean Church.
- read more about Chaldean Diocese of Amid
- Amid a.k.a. apoptosis-inducing factor, mitochondrion-associated, 2 is a gene.
- also known as apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF)-homologous mitochondrion-associated inducer of death, 5430437E11Rik, apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF)-like mitchondrion-associated inducer of death, apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF)-like mitochondrion-associated inducer of death, p53-responsive gene 3
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Language and Space (1999)
by Paul Bloom
Amid is a stronger version of among that conveys the sense of a location near ...
Power Vortex (2000)
by Robert William Bruce
Abin Amin Amid is a world threat and we are but a tiny ...
Haze of Dusk (2012)
by Immer. C.H
Rank amid is a combination of weak sorcerers and healers, mainly archers.
amid is an addition-product from chloral anhydride and formamlde; it is a white crystalline body, of slightly bitter taste; it is decomposed in alkaline solutions, and is therefore, best given in a slightly acid one. It may be administered in ...
Report of the Commissioner of Education Made to the Secretary of the Interior for the Year ... with Accompanying Papers (1900)
by United States. Bureau of Education
amid is that they are overambitious. Without exception, so far 2402 EDUCATION REPORT, 1898-99.
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana; Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge on an Original Plan Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings Edited by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose (1845)
Miscellaneous and lexicographical, vol. 1
AMID', A. S. On-middun, On-middes (in It is a. pleasant well-built place, having several regular “HEN-g Anros'r'. Chaucer amiddes), in media, in the squares, a strong citadel, a cathedral, and other public — AMI'['TERE LEG E M TERRJE.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amid
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ryan Vaarsi
- Amid the Towers
While out and about in London
Photo credit: Clive Varley
- Creek amid ferns
Photo credit: nordique
- Dog Amid Blue Flowers
This picture is in the public domain. See more unusual dog pictures here: Unusual Dog Pictures.
Photo credit: Caninest
- Amid the clouds
Photo credit: milunskii
- Bursts of Yellow Aspen amid Ponderosa Pine
Bursts of yellow aspen can be seen from Forest Road 151, part of the Around the Peaks Loop scenic drive. For details on the drive, go to...
Photo credit: Coconino National Forest
- Amid the clouds
Another shot of the AEP towboat Capt. Bill Stewart running upriver on the Ohio at Marietta. The sun wasn't quite as harsh from this angle.
Photo credit: Mike Tewkesbury
- The Shaman amid the Forest
Photo credit: MacJewell
- Amid Desolation
Even in a place that seems to be devoid of anything, there is always something.
Photo credit: Jayel Aheram
- Red amid green
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- A fortrace amid the sea
Photo credit: gabriella szekely
- Amid the daffodils
Photo credit: sbayoumi
- Amid the glory
Photo credit: Damian Gadal
- A light amid the trees
Photo credit: gabriella szekely
Video language resources about Amid
Click on an item to play that video:
- Amid Meaning
Video shows what amid means. Surrounded by; in the middle of; in the center of.. amid pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary.
- Demoncrats now critical of Rice's Benghazi explanation, amid more damaging evidence
- Bird language festival cancelled amid Gaza tensions
Villagers in a Turkish village famed for its use of bird language have cancelled their annual festival to honour the people of Gaza. Bird language has been ...
- Clashes hit Ukraine amid language law crisis
Ukraine police use tear gas and several people are injured at a chaotic protest against a new language law as the president summons the leaders of parliament ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Amid!
Quotes about Amid
The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms timidly, and struggles to the light amid the thorns. (George Santayana)
more quotes about amid...
Scrabble value of A1M3I1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMID
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Amid!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amid to see it in context!