Amid appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Sir, bed dim Ann amid debris.
- Go Damian amid salad. Alas, dim Ana, I am a dog.
- Strap racks amid a boss so bad I mask car parts.
On this page:
- amiD is a gene.
- Amid a.k.a. Chaldean Diocese of Amid: The Diocese of Amid was a diocese or archdiocese of the Chaldean Church from the sixteenth to the twentieth century. From at least the 13th century the city of Amid had been part of the Diocese of Maiperqat of the Church of the East; following the schism of 1552 it became the seat of its own diocese in the Chaldean Church.
- read more about Chaldean Diocese of Amid
- Amid a.k.a. apoptosis-inducing factor, mitochondrion-associated, 2 is a gene.
- also known as apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF)-homologous mitochondrion-associated inducer of death, 5430437E11Rik, apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF)-like mitchondrion-associated inducer of death, apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF)-like mitochondrion-associated inducer of death, p53-responsive gene 3
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
amid is an addition-product from chloral anhydride and formamlde; it is a white crystalline body, of slightly bitter taste; it is decomposed in alkaline solutions, and is therefore, best given in a slightly acid one. It may be administered in ...
Power Vortex (2000)
by Robert William Bruce
Abin Amin Amid is a world threat and we are but a tiny ...
Haze of Dusk (2012)
by Immer. C.H
Rank amid is a combination of weak sorcerers and healers, mainly archers.
Language and Space (1999)
by Paul Bloom
Amid is a stronger version of among that conveys the sense of a location near ...
Report of the Commissioner of Education Made to the Secretary of the Interior for the Year ... with Accompanying Papers (1900)
by United States. Bureau of Education
amid is that they are overambitious. Without exception, so far 2402 EDUCATION REPORT, 1898-99.
The Metaphorical Brain (2016)
by Seana Coulson, Vicky T. Lai
Amid is a spatial term indicating that a physical entity is surrounded by a lot of other physical entities. Natural gas rush. This is a metaphor based on “Gold Rush ,” in which a large number of people with little real information traveled hurriedly to ...
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana; Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge on an Original Plan Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings Edited by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose (1845)
Miscellaneous and lexicographical, vol. 1
AMID', A. S. On-middun, On-middes (in It is a. pleasant well-built place, having several regular “HEN-g Anros'r'. Chaucer amiddes), in media, in the squares, a strong citadel, a cathedral, and other public — AMI'['TERE LEG E M TERRJE.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amid
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ryan Vaarsi
- Amid Trees
Photo credit: aagay
- Amid Desolation
Even in a place that seems to be devoid of anything, there is always something.
Photo credit: Jayel Aheram
- Flora amid Uluwatu
Cliffs above the southern shore of Bali, Indonesia.
Photo credit: Vin Crosbie
- Antarctic Fur Seal Pups amid Tussock Grass
At Salisbury Plain, South Georgia.
Photo credit: Liam Quinn
- Dog Amid Blue Flowers
This picture is in the public domain. See more unusual dog pictures here: Unusual Dog Pictures.
Photo credit: Caninest
- Amid the clovers
Photo credit: niiicedave
- Northwind 100 Amid Corn
Photo credit: stantontcady
- Amid the clouds
Photo credit: milunskii
- Creek amid ferns
Photo credit: nordique
- A fortrace amid the sea
Photo credit: gabriella szekely
- A teeming mass of humanity amid concrete
Photo credit: frozenchipmunk
Video language resources about Amid
Click on an item to play that video:
- Amid Meaning
Video shows what amid means. Surrounded by; in the middle of; in the center of.. amid pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary.
- Demoncrats now critical of Rice's Benghazi explanation, amid more damaging evidence
- Bird language festival cancelled amid Gaza tensions
Villagers in a Turkish village famed for its use of bird language have cancelled their annual festival to honour the people of Gaza. Bird language has been ...
- Clashes hit Ukraine amid language law crisis
Ukraine police use tear gas and several people are injured at a chaotic protest against a new language law as the president summons the leaders of parliament ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Amid!
Quotes about Amid
The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms timidly, and struggles to the light amid the thorns. (George Santayana)
more quotes about amid...
Scrabble value of A1M3I1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMID
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Amid!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amid to see it in context!