On this page:
- Definition of the noun amigo
- Phrases with Amigo
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amigo
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amigo
- Photos about Amigo
- Videos about Amigo
- Quotes about Amigo
- Scrabble value of A1M3I1G2O1
- Anagrams of AMIGO
- Share this page
Definition of the noun amigo
What does amigo mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: amigos
- a friend or comrade
Alternative definition of the noun amigo
- [context: casual term] friend
- [context: casual term, mainly California, informal] Mexican
- "amigo" a.k.a. "Oldboy" is a 2003 South Korean mystery thriller neo-noir film directed by Park Chan-wook. It is based on the Japanese manga of the same name written by Nobuaki Minegishi and Garon Tsuchiya. Oldboy is the second installment of The Vengeance Trilogy, preceded by Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and followed by Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.
- read more about Oldboy
- "Amigo" is a 2010 American-Filipino drama film written and directed by John Sayles. The film takes place in the Philippines in 1900 during the Philippine–American War. It is one of only a small handful of films directed by an American to address the war. The only other notable example is The Real Glory, starring Gary Cooper.
- also known as Baryo
- countries: United States of America, Philippines
- languages: Tagalog language, English Language, Spanish Language, Filipino language
- producer: Maggie Renzi
- production design by Rodell Cruz
- art direction by Dwight Gaston
- written by John Sayles
- DJ Qualls as Zeke
- Chris Cooper as Col. Hardacre
- Yul Vazquez as Padre Hidalgo
- Lucas Neff as Shanker
- Garret Dillahunt as Lt. Compton
- Dane DeHaan as Gil
- Stephen Taylor as Private Bates
- Bill Tangradi as Dutch
- James Parks as Sgt. Runnels
- Bembol Roco as Policarpio
- Joel Torre as Rafael
- Rio Locsin as Corazon
- Brian Lee Franklin as Cpl. Lynch
- Irma Adlawan as Josefa
- Pen Medina as Albay
- Arthur Acuna as Locsin
- John Arcilla as Nenong
- Merlin Bonning as Creighton
- Sai-Ho Cheng as Chop-Chop
- Reymart Colestines as Malpulgas
- Ermie Concepcion as Dolores
- Miguel Faustman as Captan Narvaez
- Joe Gruta as Hilario
- J.P. Jagunos as Eloy
- Ronnie Lazaro as Simon
- Diana Malahay as Trinidad
- Raul Manikan as Felix
- Spanky Manikan as Tuba Joe
- Raul Morit as Chief
- James Obenza as Joaquinito
- Jemi Paretas as Zuniga
- Bodjie Pascua as Sixto
- Lady Jane Rellita as Azalea
- Ka Chun Tsoi as Moon
- Angelito Bertucio as Villager #1
- Janelle Borcelas as Villager #2
- Jean Kyle Borcelas as Villager #3
- John Albert Borcelas as Villager #4
- Mary Cris Cruz as Villager #5
- Ruben Denoy Jr. as Villager #6
- Rachelle May Fernandez as Villager #7
- Wendell Fernandez as Villager #8
- Reymark Gamayon as Villager #9
- Doselia Lanzon as Villager #10
- Rosario Lanzon as Villager #11
- Sheina Madale as Villager #12
- Rosario Mirabile as Villager #13
- Benedicta Moncano as Villager #14
- Ciriaco Moncano as Villager #15
- Egloferia Moncano as Villager #16
- cinematography by Lee Briones-Meily
- edited by John Sayles
- music by Mason Daring
- costume design by Gino Gonzales
- set decoration by Shai Evangelista
- genres: War film, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a 2010 crime and thriller film directed and written by Lars Becker.
- also known as Amigo - Bei Ankunft Tod; Amigo, la fin d'un voyage
- countries: Germany, Italy
- languages: German Language, Italian Language, English Language
- producers: Reinhold Elschot & Bettina Wente
- executive producer: Wolfgang Cimera
- production design by Naomi Schenck
- written by Lars Becker
- Jürgen Prochnow as Fredo Kovacs
- Florian David Fitz as Jupp Sauerland
- Tobias Moretti as Amigo Steiger
- August Zirner as Alexander Bosch
- Luca Ward as Renzo Esposito
- Ina Weisse as Maxime Bosch
- Kostja Ullmann as Rio Bosch
- Giada Desideri as Carlotta Fortunato
- Uwe Ochsenknecht as Fritz Declair
- Ercan Durmaz as Mansour Nazari
- Bintou Outtara as Cheryl
- Dario Massimo as Pasqualino
- Martin Brambach as Haftrichter Rio
- Peter Jordan as Staatsanwalt
- Maren Eggert as Dr. Psych. Simone Howard
- casting by Sandra Köppe
- cinematography by Andreas Zickgraf
- edited by Eva Schnare
- music by Stefan Wulff, Frank Wulff, Hinrich Dageför
- set decoration by Raffaella Giovannetti
- genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a song written by Yoo Young-jin and performed by the South Korean R&B group Shinee.
- music and lyrics by Yoo Young-jin
- "Amigo" is a 1980 reggae song by UK band Black Slate. It reached No.9 in the UK chart. The success of the single emphasized Black Slate's prominence as one of the few UK-grown reggae bands. The single was followed with tours abroad including Europe and New Zealand.
- "Amigo" a.k.a. "The Shinee World": "The Shinee World" is the first studio album by South Korean boy band, Shinee. The album was released in South Korea on August 29, 2008. The album includes the lead single "Love Like Oxygen", the promotional single of the same name "The Shinee World", and their previous single "Replay", which was the lead single from their mini-album, Replay.
- read more about The Shinee World
- "Amigo" is the title of the fifth studio album released by American country music singer David Ball. It was released in 2001 on the Dualtone Records label. The album produced a hit single in "Riding with Private Malone", which reached #2 on the Billboard country charts and #36 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming his first Top 40 hit since "Look What Followed Me Home" in 1995. Despite the success of the lead-off single, however, neither of the two follow-ups — "She Always Talked About Mexico" and "Whenever You Come Back to Me" — charted. The track "Texas Echo" is a re-recording of a song which Ball originally recorded on his 1989 self-titled debut.
- genre: Country
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a 1976 album by Arlo Guthrie. It is his ninth album. The album peaked #133 in the US Billboard 200 charts.
- genre: Folk music
- released on (39 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "Amigo" is a musical album of Milton Nascimento.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a musical album of Combo Dance Band & Siiri Känd.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a musical album of Black Slate.
- released in (36 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a musical album of Edgardo Cardozo & Juan Quintero.
- "Amigo" is a musical single of Quickspace.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Amigo" is a musical album of Combo Latino.
Who is Amigo?
Amigo a.k.a. Gilbert Roland was a Mexican-born American film actor.
- read more about Gilbert Roland (actor)
- Amigo is a French and Western cuisine restaurant in Hong Kong. It was created by owner Yeung Wing Chung and his staff. Yeung's wife came up with the Spanish name Amigo, meaning "friend". It is located on Wong Nai Chung Road, Happy Valley. Some of their signature dishes include: scallop chowder, bisque d' escargot, lamb chops, Mongolian beef filet and warmed salted ox-tongue with mesclun salad.
- official website: www.amigo.com.hk/e_index.htm
- Amigo is a record label.
- official website: www.amigo.se
- Amigo a.k.a. Amigo! is a record label.
Amigo a.k.a. Amigo, West Virginia: Amigo is an unincorporated community in Raleigh County, West Virginia, United States. The community is located on West Virginia Route 16 at the confluence of the Guyandotte River and Winding Gulf.
- read more about Amigo, West Virginia
Amigo is a game show for kids in Norway. The host is Stian Barsnes Simonsen, who is also the host for Melodi Grand Prix Junior with Nadia Hasouni. Amigo has an individual named The Soundeffect-man. The format consists of three teams, with two children each. The children make their own version of the Amigo theme song, which they then sing. The show is recorded in the NRK studio in Oslo, Norway.
- begun on and completed on (9 years ago)
- country: Norway
- regular cast: Stian Barsnes-Simonsen
- genre: Game show
- official website: www.nrk.no/amigo
Phrases with Amigo
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amigo
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ferenc Jolesz
AMIGO is the physical manifestation of the NCIGT mission. It is a not only an operating suite, but the test bed for research and the proving ground for this vision. Above all, the AMIGO will provide a sophisticated, fully integrated image- guided ...
by Theodore Williams Noyes
For the genuine amigo is the protecting and uplifting hand ; for the irreconcilable and treacherous is the blow of the mailed fist. CRllELTIES IN FILIPINO WARFARE. There has been in 1902 much discussion of the character of the conduct by ...
The Grateful Dead in Concert (2010)
Essays on Live Improvisation by Jim Tuedio, Stan Spector
Cristian Amigo is an award-winning composer and musician, one of a current generation of new music artists concerned with challenging the artistic and social hierarchies between Western art music (classical and jazz) and all music. Known ...
Migration, Welfare, And Borders by Natalia Ribas Mateos
Amigo is a branch of the Spanish company Telefonica based in Morocco and in fourteen other countries, mainly in Latin America. The branch in Tangier is an interesting case, since it represents a way of delocalizing services in addition to all ...
by Joseph DiStefano III
AMIGO is a highly sophisticated package designed for dynamic system model quantification, optimization and experiment design. It supports nonlinear dynamic system models in mathematical formats, using a simple syntax, C, FORTRAN or ...
Extended Lives (2006)
The African Immigrant Experience in Philadelphia: a Balch Institute Community Profile by Leigh Swigart (au)
Amigo is the largest African-owned food market in Philadelphia, specializing in African, Caribbean, and Spanish food products. The market also carries phone cards, cosmetics, fresh produce, African newspapers and magazines, as well as ...
by Mark Glazer
El mas amigo es traidor y el ma's verdadero miente. Translation or Interpretation: ...
by Paul F. State
AMIGO. The Amigo is the name of a street, a former prison, and a hotel in Brussels. The rue de l'Amigo was originally called Boterpotstraat after “Boterpot” ( butter pot), the popular name of an adjacent building that sported a large, bulbous ...
by Emanuel Strauss
amigo en la adversidad es amigo de verdad b) el amigo que no presta el cuchillo que no corta que se pierda ...
mi amigo enfermo esta trad. Mi amigo esta enfermo. ku hakapúpa á áu lit. afiebrado estoy yo trad. Estoy afiebrado. 109. En el lenguaje corriente se pierde la forma de participio, acercándose más a la de ...
by Teodor Flonta
Amigo velho vale mais que o dinheiro. R. Un prieten face mai multdecâto pungă de galbeni. Cf. A FRIEND in the market is better than money in the chest. 1124 E. A FRIEND in need is a friend indeed. F. Au besoin on connaît l'ami.
by Germán Bleiberg
lyric genres: cantigas de amigo (songs to a lover), cantigas de amor (songs of love), and cantigas de escarnio y maldizer (songs of mockery and slander) (See Cantiga). However, in ...
by Isidore Singer, Cyrus Adler
A Jewish press was established at Rustchuk in 1894; and two Judaeo-Spanish papers, “La Alborada” and “El Amigo,” 575 Russia THE JEWISH ...
by John R. Clark Hall, Herbert Dean Meritt
Bartolomeo Carranza, el piadoso arzobispo de Toledo, amigo de Francisco de Borgia y tan sospechoso como el para el inquisidor Valdes, habia asistido al emperador en su lecho de muerte. Se inhumo el cadaver en el panteon del coro de ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amigo
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amigo
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: luarembepe
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Amigo
Click on an item to play that video:
- Amigo Meaning
Video shows what amigo means. friend. Mexican. amigo synonyms: Wikisaurus:friend. amigo pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- On your horse, amigo Meaning
Video shows what on your horse, amigo means. How are you?. On your horse, amigo Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say on ...
- Negro Amigo Gravekeeper deck explanation
- BOCA the Mascot / Language Amigo Meets Preschool Children
- BOCA the Language Amigo and Boca Beth in Action
- Oticon Amigo - Select language
See also the pronunciation examples of Amigo!
Quotes about Amigo
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Amigo"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1M3I1G2O1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMIGO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Amigo!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amigo to see it in context!