On this page:
Who is Amilcare Ponchielli?
Amilcare Ponchielli was an Italian composer, mainly of operas.
- also known as Amilcare Ponichielli; Ponchielli; Ponchielli, Amilcare; Amilcare Poncielli; Poncielli, Amilcare; Ponchelli; Ponchieli; A. Ponichelli; Ponichelli, A.
- born on (181 years ago) in Paderno Ponchielli
- nationality: Italy
- education: Milan Conservatory
- profession: Opera composer
- died on (129 years ago) in Milan
- buried in Cimitero Monumentale di Milano
- genre: Opera
- albums: "La Gioconda (Orchestra e Coro del Teatro alla Scala, Milano feat. conductor: Antonino Votto)", "La Gioconda (Metropolitan Opera Orchestra feat. conductor: Ettore Panizza)", "Los clásicos de la Ópera, No. 18: La Gioconda (Orquesta y Coro de la RAI de Turín feat. conductor: Antonino Votto)", "Carmen Suites / L'Arlésienne Suites / Dance of the Hours (Philadelphia Orchestra feat. conductor: Eugene Ormandy)", "Il Convegno", "La Gioconda (Orchestra e coro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, feat. conductor: Gianandrea Gavazzeni, singers: Cerquetti, del Monaco, Bastianini, Simionato)", "La Gioconda"
- written work: "La Gioconda"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amilcare Ponchielli
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Scott L. Balthazar
some of them demonstrating precocious talent (Meyerbeer, Donizetti, Bellini, Charles-Francois Gounod, Amilcare Ponchielli, Otto Nicolai).
by Giorgio Bagnoli
the Metropolitan Opera in New York 293 • Above: The Italian composer Amilcare Ponchielli. PORGYAND BESS (as the ...
by Sir George Grove, John Alexander Fuller-Maitland
most amongst these are Arrigo Boito, Alfredo Catalani, Filippo Marchetti, Amilcare Ponchielli, Anteri-Manzocchi, and the clever Contrabassist, Bottesini; Composers who have all made more or less impression upon the public, and whose ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1910)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information
composer Amilcare Ponchielli, who was a native of Cremona. The Palazzo Fodri, now the Monte di Pieta, has a beautiful 15th- century frieze of terra-cotta bas-reliefs, as have some other palaces in private hands. Cremona was founded by ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amilcare Ponchielli
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Amilcare Ponchielli for some fun with words!