On this page:
Definition of the noun aminoalkane
What does aminoalkane mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of aminoalkane: amine
- more generic terms: alkane / alkane series / methane series / paraffin / paraffin series = a series of non-aromatic saturated hydrocarbons with the general formula CnH
- more specific terms:
- histamine = amine formed from histidine that stimulates gastric secretions and dilates blood vessels
- aminobenzine / aniline oil / phenylamine / aniline = oily poisonous liquid amine obtained from nitrobenzene and used to make dyes and plastics and medicines
- enamine = an amine containing the double bond linkage -C=C-N-
- monoamine = a molecule containing one amine group
- ptomaine / ptomain = any of various amines (such as putrescine or cadaverine) formed by the action of putrefactive bacteria
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aminoalkane
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
... 6 amidst; 7 amongst amidopyrine: 11 aminopyrine amidship: 8 midships; 9 amidships amidst: 4 amid; 5 among; 7 amongst amine: 11 aminoalkane aminic: 5 amino amino: 6 aminic amino acid: 17 aminoalkanoic acid aminobenzine: 7 aniline ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aminoalkane
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1M3I1N1O1A1L1K5A1N1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aminoalkane to find many related words and phrases!