On this page:
Definition of the noun aminobenzoic acid
What does aminobenzoic acid mean as a name of something?
- a derivative of benzoic acid
Alternative definition of the noun aminobenzoic acid
- [chemistry] Any benzoic acid with an amino group, such as anthranilic acid.
- Aminobenzoic acid a.k.a. 2-Aminobenzoic acid is an organic compound. It is a substrate of enzyme anthranilate hydroxylase [EC 22.214.171.124] in benzoate degradation via hydroxylation pathway.
- read more about 2-Aminobenzoic acid
- Aminobenzoic Acid: An organic acid with UV absorption and antifibrotic properties. When exposed to light, aminobenzoic acid absorbs UV light and emits excess energy via a photochemical reaction that may cause damage to DNA. Because DNA defects contribute to skin cancer, aminobenzoic acid is no longer widely used in sunscreen formulations. Aminobenzoic acid may also increase oxygen uptake at the tissue level and may enhance monoamine oxidase activity to promote the degradation of serotonin, which in excess, may lead to fibrotic changes.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aminobenzoic acid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Complete Information about the Harmful and Desirable Ingredients Found in Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals by Ruth Winter
P PABA ° 4-Aminobenzoic Acid. p~Aminobenzoic Acid. On the Canadian Hotlist ( see). Sac Para-Aminobenzoic Acid. PACHYRRHIZUS EROSUS 0 Skin conditioner Sec Yam. PADIMATE A 0 An organic compound that is an ingredient in some ...
by Thomas Nordegren
2-Aminobenzoic acid Anthranilic acid. o- Aminobenzoic acid Anthranilic acid. ortho-Aminobenzoic acid Anthranilic acid. Aminobital ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aminobenzoic acid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Aminobenzoic acid
Aminobenzoic acid Meaning
Video shows what aminobenzoic acid means. Any benzoic acid with an amino group, such as anthranilic acid.. Aminobenzoic acid Meaning. How to pronounce ...
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aminobenzoic acid to find many related words and phrases!