Amjad Khan (actor)
On this page:
Who is Amjad Khan?
Amjad Khan: Amjad Zakaria Khan was an Indian actor and director. He worked in over 130 films in a career spanning nearly twenty years. He enjoyed popularity for his villainous roles in Hindi films, the most famous being the iconic Gabbar Singh in the 1975 classic Sholay and of Dilawar in Muqaddar Ka Sikandar.
- also known as Amzad Khan, Gabbar Singh, Amjad, Late Amjad Khan, Amjad Zakaria Khan
- born on (74 years ago) in Peshawar, child of Jayant
- ethnicity: Indian people
- nationality: India
- religion: Islam
- education: R. D. National & W. A. Science College
- profession: Actor, film director, composer
- Marriage with Shaila Khan between and (20 years)
- parent of
- died on (22 years ago) in Mumbai of heart failure
- played Shera in "Aafat"
- played Lachhu (child artist) in "Ab Dilli Dur Nahin"
- played Pradeep Rai Choudhry in "Ahsaas"
- played Kaliram H. Sahu in "Barsaat Ki Ek Raat"
- played Digvijay Singh in "Besharam"
- played Veer Singh in "Bombay 405 Miles"
- played Advocate Harish in "Chameli Ki Shaadi"
- played Robert in "Charas"
- played Barkhi Khan in "Chor Police"
- played Fazlu in "Dada"
- played Joseph D'Souza in "Daulat"
- played Bhoot Singh in "Des Pardes"
- played Chandan Singh in "Dharam Kanta"
- played Sunil's boss in "Dhuan"
- played Sher Singh in "Dost"
- played Thakur Jashwant Singh in "Ganga Ki Saugandh"
- played Gabbar Singh in "Ginny Aur Johnny"
- "Hindustan Ki Kasam"
- played Saudagar Singh in "Hum Kisise Kum Naheen"
- played Chandan/Bholaram in "Hum Se Badkar Kaun"
- played Iqbal (Thakur's son) in "Hum Se Hai Zamana"
- played Babu's Musician in "In Custody"
- played Raj Singh in "Inkaar"
- played Shahani Seth in "Kaalia"
- played Juda, the Hunchback in "Kasme Vaade"
- played Black Cobra in "Katilon Ke Kaatil"
- played Prince in "Khanjar"
- played Shafi Ahmed Sidiqqui in "Lekin..."
- played Ram Shastri in "Lok Parlok"
- played Vikram in "Lootmaar"
- played Havaldar Sher Singh in "Love Story"
- played Chakradhari in "Maa Kasam"
- played Thakur Balram Singh in "Maati Maangey Khoon"
- played Bada Godha in "Maha-Sangram"
- played Vikram Singh in "Mahaan"
- played Birju in "Maqsad"
- played Badshah Akbar (Emperor of Hindustan) in "Meera"
- played Kundan Kapadia (landlord) in "Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho!"
- played Vikram Singh in "Mr. Natwarlal"
- played Dilawar in "Muqaddar Ka Sikandar"
- played Nawab Dada Sarkar in "Naqab"
- played Mangal Singh in "Parvarish"
- played Sulaiman Dildar in "Pati Patni Aur Tawaif"
- played Ronnie in "Professor Pyarelal"
- played Inspector Amjad Khan in "Qurbani"
- played Suleiman Seth in "Ram Balram"
- played Gabbar Singh in "Ramgarh Ke Sholay"
- played Robert D'Souza in "Rocky"
- played Thakur Ram Avtar (Lakhsman's dad) in "Rudaali"
- played Ranbir in "Samraat"
- films directed:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - "Sholay"
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - "Dada" (as Fazlu)
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - "Dada" (Fazlu)
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - "Qurbani"
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - "Love Story"
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - "Yaarana"
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor - "Yaarana"
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role - "Utsav"
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role - "Maa Kasam"
- Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role - "Maa Kasam"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amjad Khan (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amjad Khan to see it in context!