On this page:
Definition of the noun Ammocrypta
What does Ammocrypta mean as a name of something?
Ammocrypta is a genus of Percidae, described by Jordan in 1877.
- synonyms: genus Ammocrypta / Pleurolepis / genus Pleurolepis / Vigil / genus Vigil
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Actinopterygii
- order: Perciformes
- family: Percidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Ammocrypta is a genus of Etheostomatinae.
Phrases with Ammocrypta
Phrases starting with the word Ammocrypta:
- Ammocrypta beani
- Ammocrypta clara
- Ammocrypta vivax
- Ammocrypta beanii
- Ammocrypta asprella
- Ammocrypta bifascia
- Ammocrypta meridiana
- Ammocrypta pellucida
- Ammocrypta Pellucidum
Phrase ending with the word Ammocrypta:
Other phrases containing the word Ammocrypta:
- species Ammocrypta beani
- species Ammocrypta clara
- species Ammocrypta vivax
- species Ammocrypta beanii
- species Ammocrypta asprella
- species Ammocrypta bifascia
- species Ammocrypta meridiana
- species Ammocrypta pellucida
- Species Ammocrypta Pellucidum
Printed books with definitions for Ammocrypta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The American Darters (2015)
by Robert A. Kuehne, Roger W. Barbour
Ammocrypta is the smallest genus of darters and in many respects is the most distinctive. We refer to them collectively as the sand darters, though some authorities would exclude the crystal darter. Morphologically the genus is intermediate ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ammocrypta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Ammocrypta
Scaly sand darter (Ammocrypta vivax)
Photo credit: Charles & Clint
Scrabble value of A1M3M3O1C3R1Y4P3T1A1
The value of this 10-letter word is 21 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ammocrypta to find many related words and phrases!