On this page:
Definition of the noun ammodytidae
What does ammodytidae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- sand lances
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Ammodytidae: family Ammodytidae
- more generic term: fish family = any of various families of fish
- member of: order Perciformes / order Percomorphi / Perciformes / Percomorphi = one of the largest natural groups of fishes of both marine and fresh water: true perches; basses
- member: genus Ammodytes / Ammodytes = type genus of the Ammodytidae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ammodytidae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Zoology (2003)
by Michael Allaby
by Maurice Burton, Robert Burton
PACIFIC SAND EEL CLASS Osteichthyes ORDER Perciformes FAMILY Ammodytidae genus and species Ammodytes hexapterus 5F N 1 JM w % fc ~} Pallas's sand.
5e Edition by OECD
SMELT might also refer to + SANDEEL ( Ammodytidae).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ammodytidae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1M3M3O1D2Y4T1I1D2A1E1
The value of this 11-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Ammodytidae to find many related words and phrases!