On this page:
Definition of the noun Amnicola
What does Amnicola mean as a name of something?
Amnicola is a genus of Amnicolidae, described by Gould & Haldeman in 1840.
- synonyms: genus Amnicola / Arenicola / genus Arenicola
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Mollusca
- class: Gastropoda
- order: Littorinimorpha
- family: Amnicolidae
- species Amnicola adesta
- species Amnicola aldrichi
- species Amnicola andersoni
- species Amnicola antroecetes
- species Amnicola attenuata
- species Amnicola augustina
- species Amnicola badia
- species Amnicola bakerianus
- species Amnicola brandi
- species Amnicola browni
- species Amnicola ciliata
- species Amnicola cincinnatiensis
- species Amnicola cincta
- species Amnicola cisterina
- species Amnicola clarki
- species Amnicola cora
- species Amnicola costaricensis
- species Amnicola cretacea
- species Amnicola crosseans
- species Amnicola crybetes
- species Amnicola currieriana
- species Amnicola dalli
- species Amnicola decisus
- species Amnicola egena
- species Amnicola expansilabris
- species Amnicola expasilabris
- species Amnicola forsythi
- species Amnicola galbana
- species Amnicola georgiensis
- species Amnicola gilloides
- species Amnicola granum
- species Amnicola greggi
- species Amnicola harperi
- species Amnicola hendersoni
- species Amnicola insolita
- species Amnicola integra
- species Amnicola johnsoni
- species Amnicola jurassica
- species Amnicola lacustris
- species Amnicola leprevieri
- species Amnicola limosus
- species Amnicola longinqua
- species Amnicola lufengensis
- species Amnicola lustrica
- species Amnicola luteola
- species Amnicola micra
- species Amnicola mimalongensis
- species Amnicola missouriensis
- species Amnicola nimia
- species Amnicola obsoleta
- species Amnicola oneida
- species Amnicola orbiculata
- species Amnicola oscitans
- species Amnicola pallida
- species Amnicola parva
- species Amnicola perforata
- species Amnicola pesmei
- species Amnicola pilsbry
- species Amnicola porata
- species Amnicola proserpina
- species Amnicola prosperpina
- species Amnicola protea
- species Amnicola pupoideus
- species Amnicola retromargo
- species Amnicola rhombostoma
- species Amnicola sablensis
- species Amnicola saltillensis
- species Amnicola sanctijohannis
- species Amnicola sayana
- species Amnicola stearnsiana
- species Amnicola stygius
- species Amnicola truckeensis
- species Amnicola vulcani
- species Amnicola walkeri
- species Amnicola winkleyi
- species Amnicola yangbiensis
- species Amnicola yunlongensis
- species Amnicola yunnanensis
- species Amnicola zelandiae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Amnicola is a genus of Aves, described by Gerbe in Degland & Gerbe in 1867.
Amnicola is a subgenus of Amnicolinae, described by Gould & Haldeman in 1840.
Phrases with Amnicola
Phrases starting with the word Amnicola:
- Amnicola cora
- Amnicola dalli
- Amnicola browni
- Amnicola clarki
- Amnicola granum
- Amnicola greggi
- Amnicola Ciliata
- Amnicola Confusa
- Amnicola decisus
- Amnicola integra
- Amnicola limosus
Phrases ending with the word Amnicola:
- Mud Amnicola
- Iris Amnicola
- Aster Amnicola
- Baris amnicola
- genus Amnicola
- Rubus Amnicola
- Salix Amnicola
- Agabus amnicola
- Bezzia Amnicola
View more phrases with the word Amnicola in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amnicola
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Atriplex amnicola is a species native to north-western Australia where it ...
Stratigraphy, Paleontology, and Structure by Wendell Phillips Woodring, Ralph Bentley Stewart, Ralph Webster Richards
Amnicola is the most abundant genus in the Tulare formation. The Tulare species is identified as A. longinqua Gould (pl. 4, figs. 23-27), which is living in southern California. The form that is most similar to specimens from ...
by Geological Survey (U.S.), Geological Survey (U.S.). Geographic Names Information Management
Amnicola is the most abundant genus in the Tulare formation. The Tulare species is identified as A. longinqua Gould (pi. 4, figs. 23-27), which is living in southern California. The form that is most similar to specimens from the type ...
Encyclopedia of Caves (2012)
by William B. White, David C. Culver
Caves of the United States Order Family Species State Aquatic Mesogastropoda Hydrobiidae Amnicola cola AR Amnicola stygia MO Antrobia culveri MO Antrorbis breweri AL Antroselates spiralis KY, IN Balconorbis uvaldensis TX Dasyscias ...
by James A. Jobling
/ amnicola L. amnicola dwells by a river (amnis river; -cola dweller > colere to dwell). amicorum L. amicorum of friends (amicus friend). amoena L. amoenus delightful, attractive. amoenissima Mod. L. amoenissimus very attractive ...
by J. G. Heck
Amnicola resembles a minute Paludina in the form of the shell, but the operculum is subspiral, and not concentric as in that genus. Valvata is a genus of small shells much like Amnicola, but the aperture is circular and the operculum concentric.
by Virginia P. Studdert, Clive C. Gay, Douglas C. Blood
Amnicola limosa porosa a snail, the intermediate host of Metorchis conjunctus, aliver fluke of cats and dogs. amniocentesis [am′′ne-o-sen-te'sis] transabdominal, transrectal orsurgical perforation oftheamniotic sac for the purpose of ...
by Scott Elias, Cary Mock
Amnicola limosa, Gyraulus parvus, Valvata tricarinata) by amphibious species (Pomatiopsis lapidaria, P. scalaris, ...
The Century dictionary (1906)
Amnicola (am-nik'o-lii), n. [NL., < L. amni- cola, that grows in or by a river, < amnis , a river, + -cola, < colere, dwell.] A genus of fresh-water tasnioglossate mollusks, of the family Rissoidw, or made the type of Amnico- lidw. There are several ...
Encyclopaedic Dictionary (1903)
An Original Work of Reference to the Words in the English Language, Giving a Full Account of Their Origin, Meaning, Pronunciation, and Use
[Lat, amnicola = one that dwells or gróws by a river: annis = a river, and colo = to dwell.] Zool. : A genus of aquatic molluscs, of the family Rissoidae; in some classifications made the type of a subfamily Amnicolinae, and in others of a distinct ...
by Geological Survey (U.S.)
H Amnicola, Tenn Amo, Ind Amos Plott's Balsam, N. C... Ampersand Monntain, N.Y... Ampersand Pond, N. Y Amsden, Ohio Amsterdam, N.Y Ry P.H. &N.W.R.R P.C. &St. L.R.R ...
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
& Amnicola + -idae.] A family of taenioglossate # ods, typified by the genus Amnicola. e distinction from Rissoidae is not well marked, but numerous small species inhabiting fresh and brackish water have been referred to this family.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amnicola
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Amnicola
Click on an item to play that video:
- Shooting on Amnicola Highway in Chattanooga
A man was shot at over the weekend while he was stopped at a traffic light in Chattanooga. 20-year-old Michael Jones says he was heading north on Amnicola ...
- Layout Update / Amnicola Southern
- Amnicola Southern Industrial Expansion (2 of 2)
- Major Fire Off Amnicola Highway
Firefighters were called to a large fire at 1200 Judd Road in Chattanooga -- that's just off Amnicola Highway near the McDonald's.The company is ADM Trucking.
- The New & Improved Amnicola Southern
- Birding at Amnicola Marsh
- Amnicola Southern Industrial Expansion, (1 of 2)
- Funeral Procession on Amnicola Hwy
At one point the funeral procession went right past the military training center on Amnicola Highway where Sergeant Wyatt was killed along with four other ...
Scrabble value of A1M3N1I1C3O1L1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMNICOLA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Amnicola!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Amnicola to find many related words and phrases!