On this page:
Who is Andrew Wiles?
Andrew Wiles: Sir Andrew John Wiles, KBE, FRS is a British mathematician and a Royal Society Research Professor at the University of Oxford, specialising in number theory. He is most notable for proving Fermat's Last Theorem.
- also known as Sir Andrew John Wiles, Andrew John Wiles
- born on (62 years ago) in Cambridge, child of Maurice F. Wiles
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Mathematician
- some of the awards:
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Natural Sciences, US & Canada (Mathematics)
- Wolf Prize in Mathematics (For spectacular contributions to number theory and related fields, major advances on undamental conjectures, and for settling Fermat´s last theorem.)
- Ostrowski Prize
- Fermat Prize (For his works on the Shimura–Taniyama–Weil conjecture which resulted in the demonstration of the proof of Fermat's Last Theorem.)
- Rolf Schock Prize in Mathematics
- Royal Medal
- MacArthur Fellowship - "Mathematics"
- The Shaw Prize in Mathematical Sciences
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Andrew Wiles
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Prime Mystery (2015)
The Life and Mathematics of Sophie Germain by Dora E. Musielak
Andrew Wiles is a British mathematician, a former professor of physics at Princeton University, now a Royal Society Research Professor at the University of Oxford Andrew Wiles revealed that, as a 10-year-old on the way home from school, ...
by Hanne Andersen, Dennis Dieks, Wenceslao J. Gonzalez, Thomas Uebel, Gregory Wheeler
Andrew Wiles is a generalist-specialist, as were Albert Einstein and Leonardo da Vinci. Linus Pauling and Max Delbri'lck are renowned examples ...
Fourth edition by David Nelson
For over 350 years, work on Fermat's conjecture provided much stimulus to the development of algebraic number theory; after a period of intense activity by the English mathematician Andrew Wiles it was eventually proved in 1995 by Wiles, ...
by Edwin D. Reilly
Andrew Wiles' proof of Fermat's last Theorem. 1995 Windows 95; Lycos, Yahoo!, Webcrawler, and AltaVista search engines; Toy Story is first full-length ...
by Elizabeth Knowles
In 1995 a general proof was published by the Princeton-based British mathematician Andrew Wiles. fess ...
by Pamela Gossin
It began with Greek algorithms for determining prime numbers; and in 1997 Andrew Wiles proved its best- known proposition, Fermat's Last Theorem. Late- nineteenth-century number theory was revolutionized by Richard Dedekind's definition ...
by Robert Splinter
Andrew Wiles (1953–) One of the theorems introduced by Pierre de ...
by The University of Chicago Press, Leszek Kołakowski
FERMAT'S LAST THEOREM remained unproven for more than 350 years, until Andrew WILES found a proof in 1995. Many problems relating to the prime numbers remain completely elusive: for instance, no one has yet found a formula that ...
by Andrew Delahunty, Sheila Dignen
until Andrew Wiles finally succeeded in 1995. > A long-standing quest to find the solution to a problem You ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Andrew Wiles
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Andrew Wiles
Anagrams of ANDREW WILES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Andrew Wiles!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Andrew Wiles to see it in context!