Angel appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- An angel to Hades abased a hot leg, Nana.
- Burst angel, fire now one rifle gnats rub.
- Dido’s last angel dismays yams; idle gnats also did.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun angel:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun angel
- Definition of the verb angel
- Phrases with Angel
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Angel
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Angel
- Photos about Angel
- Videos about Angel
- Sign language
- Quotes about Angel
- Scrabble value of A1N1G2E1L1
- Anagrams of ANGEL
- Share this page
Angel is sometimes a misspelling of angle.
The word angel is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun angel
What does angel mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- angel: angels
- Angel: -
- spiritual being attendant upon God
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic terms: spiritual being / supernatural being = an incorporeal being believed to have powers to affect the course of human events
- more specific terms:
- archangel = an angel ranked above the highest rank in the celestial hierarchy
- cherub = an angel of the second order whose gift is knowledge
- seraph = an angel of the first order
- guardian spirit / guardian angel = an angel believed to have special affection for a particular individual
- divine messenger = a messenger from God
- part: wing = a movable organ for flying
- member of: celestial hierarchy = the collective body of angels
- person of exceptional holiness
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of angel: holy man / holy person / saint
- more generic term: good person = a person who is good to other people
- more specific words:
- invests in a theatrical production
- the highest waterfall; has more than one leap; flow varies seasonally
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonym of Angel: Angel Falls
- instance of: falls / waterfall = a steep descent of the water of a river
- part of: Republic of Venezuela / Venezuela = a republic in northern South America on the Caribbean; achieved independence from Spain in 1811
Alternative definition of the noun angel
- A divine and supernatural messenger from a deity, or other divine entity.
- [context: biblical tradition] In Christian angelology, the lowest order of angels, below virtues.
- A selfless person.
- [context: military slang] An altitude, measured in thousands of feet.
- An affluent individual who provides capital for a startup, usually in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity.
Definition of the verb angel
What does angel mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: angeled | angeling | angels
- [transitive, slang] To support by donating money.
- Angel is an American television series, a spin-off from the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The series was created by Buffy's creator, Joss Whedon, in collaboration with David Greenwalt. It aired on The WB from October 5, 1999, to May 19, 2004, consisting of five seasons and 110 episodes. Like Buffy, it was produced by Whedon's production company, Mutant Enemy.
- also known as Ejndžel
- begun on and completed on (11 years ago)
- 110 episodes of 45 or 60 or 42 minutes each, in 5 seasons
- country: United States of America
- created by David Greenwalt & Joss Whedon
- regular cast:
- David Boreanaz as Angel between and (4 years and 7 months)
- Amy Acker as Winifred Burkle between and (2 years and 10 months)
- Alexis Denisof as Wesley Wyndam-Pryce between and (4 years and 5 months)
- Andy Hallett as Lorne between and (3 years and 7 months)
- Amy Acker as Illyria between and (2 months)
- Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia Chase between and (4 years and 4 months)
- J. August Richards as Charles Gunn between and (4 years)
- Glenn Quinn
- James Marsters as Spike between and (4 years and 7 months)
- Mercedes McNab as Harmony Kendall between and (3 years)
- Vincent Kartheiser as Connor between and (2 years)
- genres: Supernatural, Fantasy, Horror, Action, Comedy-drama, Action/Adventure, Supernatural drama, Comedy, Adventure Film, Drama
- some of the awards:
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Makeup - Series nomination for David DeLeon, Earl Ellis, Dayne Johnson, Steve Laporte, Dalia Dokter, Toby Lamm, Rick Stratton, Jill Rockow, Steve Prouty, Louis Lazzara, Robert Maverick & Jeremy Swan
- People's Choice Award for Favorite Actor in a New TV Series nomination for David Boreanaz
- Teen Choice Award for TV - Choice Actor nomination for David Boreanaz
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Show
- Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form (Episode: Waiting in the Wings) nomination for Joss Whedon
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama nomination for David Boreanaz
- Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor - Drama Series nomination for Andy Hallett
- Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress - Drama Series nomination for Amy Acker
- Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress - Drama Series nomination for Gina Torres
- Satellite Award for Best Overall DVD (For season 4.)
- Satellite Award for Best DVD Extra
- Satellite Award for Best DVD Release of TV Shows (9th Satellite Awards. For season 4.)
- Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form (Episode: Not Fade Away) nomination for Jeffrey Bell & Joss Whedon
- Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form (Episode: Smile Time) nomination for Joss Whedon & Ben Edlund
- official website: www.tntdrama.com/series/angel
- "Angel", also known as the Real Life of Angel Deverell, is a 2007 British film based on the novel of the same name by Elizabeth Taylor, about the life of a fiery and passionate young writer. The protagonist was portrayed by Romola Garai; other characters were played by Sam Neill, Michael Fassbender and Charlotte Rampling.
- also known as Real Life of Angel Deverell, Ангел
- countries: Belgium, United Kingdom, France
- languages: English Language, French
- director: François Ozon
- producers: Olivier Delbosc & Marc Missonnier
- production design by Katia Wyszkop
- written by François Ozon & Martin Crimp
- based on "Angel" by Elizabeth Taylor
- Sam Neill as Théo
- Romola Garai as Angel Deverell
- Charlotte Rampling as Hermione
- Michael Fassbender as Esmé
- Christopher Benjamin as Lord Norley
- Jacqueline Tong as Mother Deverell
- Una Stubbs as Miss Dawson
- Janine Duvitski as Aunt Lottie
- Tom Georgeson as Marvell
- Lucy Russell as Nora Howe-Nevinson
- Simon Woods as Clive Fennelly
- Jemma Powell as Angelica
- Alison Pargeter as Edwina
- Seymour Matthews as Norley Doctor
- Jo Perrin as Publisher's Secretary
- Ruth England as Neighbour
- Rosanna Lavelle as Lady Irania
- Geoffrey Streatfeild as Sebastian
- Roger Morlidge as Journalist
- Teresa Churcher as Governess
- John Rowe as Paradise Doctor
- Edward MacLiam as Angelica's Husband
- Oscar Redif as Esme's Son
- Alice Hubball as Esme's Friend
- Greg Bennett as Labourer
- Roland Javornik as Party Guest
- Cinsyla Key as Young Aristocrat
- Simon Shrimpton Smith as Bearded Man At Awards
- cinematography by Denis Lenoir
- edited by Muriel Breton
- music by Philippe Rombi
- costume design by Pascaline Chavanne
- genres: Romance Film, World cinema, Parody, Historical period drama, Film adaptation, Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
- Angel a.k.a. Lobbyist, originally titled Angel, was a 2007 South Korean television series produced by Korea Pictures International, Inc. that aired on SBS. Budgeted at ₩12 million, overseas filming locations included the United States and Kyrgyzstan. It starred Song Il-gook, Han Jae-suk and Jang Jin-young.
- read more about Lobbyist
- "Angel" is a 1937 American comedy-drama film made by Paramount Pictures. It was produced and directed by Ernst Lubitsch from a screenplay by Samson Raphaelson and Frederick Lonsdale, adapted by Guy Bolton and Russell Medcraft from the play Angyal by Melchior Lengyel. The music score was by Frederick Hollander, Werner R. Heymann and John Leipold with additional music by Gioacchino Rossini from The Barber of Seville . The cinematography was by Charles Lang and the costume design by Travis Banton.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Ernst Lubitsch
- art direction by Hans Dreier & Robert Usher
- written by Guy Bolton, Frederick Lonsdale, Samson Raphaelson & Russell G. Medcraft
- based on "Angyal" by Melchior Lengyel
- cinematography by Charles Lang
- edited by William Shea
- music by Gioacchino Rossini, Friedrich Hollaender, Werner R. Heymann, John Leipold
- costume design by Travis Banton
- genres: Black-and-white, Romance Film, Comedy, Drama
- released in (79 years ago)
- "Angel" is a 1984 film directed by Robert Vincent O'Neill, and written by O'Neill with Joseph Michael Cala.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Robert Vincent O'Neill
- cinematography by Andrew Davis
- music by Craig Safan
- genres: Thriller, Action Film, Crime Fiction, Sexploitation film, Crime Thriller, Erotic thriller, Psychological thriller
- High School Honor Student by Day. Hollywood Hooker by Night.
- Her two worlds are about to collide. It's her choice. Her chance. Her life.
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (31 years ago)
- "Angel": Angels is a 2007 Filipino trilogy film, starred by Angel Locsin with Jennylyn Mercado, Patrick Garcia and Marvin Agustin.
- also known as Angels
- country: Philippines
- languages: Filipino language, English Language, Tagalog language
- directors: Dingdong Dantes, Mark A. Reyes, Gina Alajar
- producer: Becky Aguila
- executive producers: Becky Aguila & Angel Locsin
- production design by Ronnie Cruz
- written by Agnes De Guzman & Gina Marissa Tagasa-Gil
- based on a story by Rebecca Aguila & Gina Marissa Tagasa-Gil
- Angel Locsin as Angie
- Marvin Agustin as Ruben
- Jennylyn Mercado as Bianang
- Patrick Garcia as Jude
- Valerie Concepcion as Lennie
- Nash Aguas as Angelo
- Ella Cruz as Kerubina
- Empress Schuck as Nina
- Eunice Lagusad as Gelay
- Pinky Amador as Ditas
- Malou de Guzman as Senyang
- Aiza Marquez as Emma
- Jaclyn Jose as Celia
- Dominic Ochoa as Egay
- Boots Anson-Roa as Lola Conching
- cinematography by Armin Collado, Nap Jamir, Pao Orendain
- edited by Aleks Castañeda, Jason Cauman, Miren Fabregas, Jay Halili, Ian Hontanosas
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Angel" a.k.a. "Engelen": Angel is a 2009 Norwegian drama film directed by Margreth Olin. The film was selected as the Norwegian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards but it didn't make the final shortlist.
- read more about Engelen
- "Angel" a.k.a. "Ángel" is a 2007 Puerto Rican film written and directed by Jacobo Morales. Morales also performs one of the lead roles in the film. The film was released on August 16, 2007 in Puerto Rico. It was produced by Cinesí Productions.
- "Angel" is a 2011 Bollywood film directed by Ganesh Acharya and starring Nilesh Sahay, Madalsa Sharma, Aruna Irani and Manoj Joshi. The film was produced by Ganesh Acharya, while the soundtrack was composed by Amjad Nadeem. This movie is about the struggle for acceptance. The main character Abhay Chawla got in to an accident which made Sonal become mad. Abhay felt guilty so he started taking care of her and eventually befriends her. They fall in love eventually. This movie is about the struggles they have to face in love.
- also known as एंजल
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producer: Ganesh Acharya
- art direction by Ashish Anant Ranade
- written by Muazzam Beg
- Sumit Arora as Vishal
- Raakesh Babu
- Prem Kishen Dwivedi
- Paresh Ganatra
- Ali Irani
- Aruna Irani as Aarati
- Kannan Iyer as Inspector Bhasker
- Jhony Jullion
- Kali Prasad Mukherjee as Kailash Malhotra
- Nilesh Sahay as Abhay
- Manmeet Singh as Restaurant owner
- Rakhee Tandon
- Manoj Joshi as Rohan
- Kishori Shahane as Priya
- Vishwajit P. as Car Owner 2
- Raakesh Pandit as Car Owner
- cinematography by Aseem Bajaj
- edited by Nilesh Naik
- music by Nadeem Khan, Amjad Nadeem, Dhrubajyoti Phukan, Aadesh Shrivastava
- genres: Action Film, Drama, Bollywood, World cinema
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Angel" is a 1982 film directed by Neil Jordan and starring Stephen Rea. The film was Neil Jordan's directorial debut, and the executive producer was John Boorman.
- countries: United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland
- language: English Language
- producers: John Boorman & Barry Blackmore
- executive producer: John Boorman
- production design by John Lucas
- written by Neil Jordan
- cinematography by Chris Menges
- edited by Pat Duffner
- music by Keith Donald
- genres: Musical, Musical Drama, Drama
- released in (34 years ago)
- "Angel" is a 1982 Greek drama film directed by Giorgos Katakouzinos. The film was selected as the Greek entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 55th Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
- also known as Angelos
- country: Greece
- language: Greek Language
- director: George Katakouzinos
- producer: George Katakouzinos
- written by George Katakouzinos
- Michalis Maniatis as Angelos
- Dionysis Xanthos as Mihalis
- Katerina Helmy as Angelos' Mother
- Vasilis Tsaglos as Angelos' Father
- Giorgos Bartis as Angelos' Ex-boyfriend
- Maria Alkaiou as Angelos' Grandmother
- Eleni Kourkoula as Angelos' Sister
- Mihalis Giannatos as Garage Owner
- Stelios Lionakis as Building Manager
- Pavlos Kontoyannidis as Indignant Man
- music by Stamatis Spanoudakis
- genre: Drama
- released in (33 years ago)
- read more about Angel (film)
- Angel a.k.a. Bidadari is a 2000 Indonesian TV serial created by Tripar Multivision Plus and originally aired by RCTI TV network.
- read more about Bidadari
- "Angel" is a 2012 short film written and directed by Ruán Magan.
- country: Republic of Ireland
- language: English Language
- producers: Ruán Magan & Ned O'Hanlon
- production design by Padraig O'Neill
- art direction by Orlaith Kelly
- written by Ruán Magan
- cinematography by Brian O'Carroll
- edited by Stephen O’Connell
- music by Mark Geary, Pól Brennan
- genres: Fantasy, Drama, Thriller
- released on
- official website: www.angelshortmovie.com
"Angel" is a Broadway musical that opened at the Minskoff Theatre in New York on May 4, 1978.
- Angel is a fictional character created by Joss Whedon and David Greenwalt for the American fantasy television programs Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off series Angel. He is played by actor David Boreanaz. As introduced in Buffy in 1997, Angel is a love interest for heroine Buffy Summers, a young woman whose destiny as "the Slayer" is to fight the forces of evil, such as vampires and demons. However, their relationship is complicated by the fact that Angel is himself a vampire cursed with remorse and a human soul, which motivates him to assist Buffy in her duties as Slayer. The character's popularity led to the production of the spin-off Angel, which follows the character's struggle towards redemption after moving to Los Angeles. In addition to the two television series, the character appears in the comic book continuations of both series, as well as much other expanded universe literature.
- The Angel is a fictional character, a superhero in Marvel Comics Universe. Created by artist Paul Gustavson and an unconfirmed writer during the Golden Age of Comic Books, the Angel first appeared in Marvel Comics #1, the first publication of Marvel Comics' predecessor, Timely Comics.
- created by Paul Gustavson
- Angel a.k.a. Warren Worthington III: Warren Kenneth Worthington III, better known as Angel and later as Archangel, is a fictional character, a comic book superhero that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. As Angel, Worthington was one of the founding members of the X-Men. A mutant, Angel originally possesses a pair of large feathered wings extending from his back, enabling him to fly. He is the heir and CEO of the multi-billion dollar Worthington Industries. This privileged background results in Warren being stereotyped as an arrogant and self-absorbed playboy during his early years with the X-Men. This personality was ultimately replaced with a more introspective and brooding personality in the late 1980s, when the character was revamped into the more grim and gritty "Archangel" persona.
- read more about Warren Worthington III
- Angel is a fictional character from the anime television series Angel Beats!.
- also known as Kanade Tachibana
There are other characters with in their name, like Angel-a, My Angel, Angel Boy, Angel Lee, Bad Angel, Angel Baby, Angel cake, Angel Cruz, Angel Cruz, Angel Dust, Angel Face, Angel John, Angel Puss, Dark Angel, Evil Angel, Good Angel, Hugo Angel, Mary Angel.
"Angel": The statue of an Angel was created by Michelangelo out of marble. Its height is 51.5 cm. It is situated in the Basilica of San Domenico, Bologna.
- also known as А́нгел із канделя́бром, А́нгел зі свічнико́м, А́нгел зі світи́льником
- begun in and completed in (521 years ago)
- media: marble
- subject: Proculus of Bologna
- "Angel" is a song by Sarah McLachlan that originally appeared on her 1997 album Surfacing. As McLachlan explained on VH1 Storytellers, the song is about the Smashing Pumpkins touring keyboard player Jonathan Melvoin, who overdosed on heroin and died in 1996.
- "Angel" is a song by Jamaican reggae artist Shaggy featuring Rayvon. It was the follow-up to Shaggy's U.S. number-one hit "It Wasn't Me". "Angel" reached number one in the U.S. for the week of 31 March 2001 becoming his final top forty song in the US to date. The song also reached number one in the United Kingdom, as well as number one in Australia, making the song an international chart topper. The success following the release, saw Shaggy clock up his second American and fourth British number one single. It was also a European success, at one point simultaneously topping the charts in the German-speaking territories of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It remains as his last successful single internationally.
- "Angel" a.k.a. "Ángel" is the third single from Belinda's debut studio album Belinda. It received a Gold certification in Mexico for ringtone sales.
- read more about Ángel
- "Angel" is a song by American singer-songwriter Madonna from her second studio album Like a Virgin. It was released on April 10, 1985 by Sire Records as the third single from the album. Written by Steve Bray and Madonna, it was one of the first songs developed for the project and, according to Madonna, was inspired by a girl who is saved by an angel, and she falls in love with Him. "Angel" was released as a 12" single with "Into the Groove" in some countries and charted likewise. A music video was initially planned for the release, but was later cancelled. Instead a promotional video comprising clips from her previous videos was released in the United Kingdom.
- "Angel" is a song by American rock band Aerosmith. It was written by lead singer Steven Tyler and professional songwriting collaborator Desmond Child.
- "Angel" is a song by American blues rock musician Jimi Hendrix, featured on his 1971 posthumous studio album The Cry of Love. Written and self-produced by Hendrix, the song was recorded for the guitarist's unreleased fourth studio album just months before he died in September 1970, and was later released as the lead single from his first posthumous studio album in the United Kingdom.
- music and lyrics by Jimi Hendrix
- "Angel" is the lead single by Akon from his fourth studio album, Stadium. The song was written by Akon, David Guetta and Sandy Wilhelm, and produced by David Guetta and Sandy Vee. The single was released to U.S. mainstream radio on September 14, 2010, before being released as a digital download on September 17. The single was released via worldwide digital download on November 7, 2010. The song peaked at number fifty-six on Billboard Hot 100. Akon performed the song during the 2010 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, and it was also used in the Victoria Secret 2011 Secret Angels commercial. The song was not released on any physical formats.
- "Angel" is the second album by American R&B singer-songwriter Amanda Perez, released by Virgin Records on February 11, 2003. It featured the hit single "Angel", which reached number 3 on the Billboard Pop 100.
- "Angel" is a song recorded by the British pop music duo Eurythmics. It was written by band members Annie Lennox and David A. Stewart and produced by Stewart and Jimmy Iovine. The song appears on Eurythmics' We Too Are One album and was released as its fourth UK single in May 1990, and would be the duo's final single for almost a decade. It was also released as the second single from the album in the US.
- "Angel" is a song by Mika Newton which represented Ukraine at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011, held in Düsseldorf, Germany, which came 4th out of 25 in the final, scoring 159 points.
- "Angel" is a song by the British trip hop group Massive Attack. It was released on 13 July 1998 and is the third single from their third album, Mezzanine, and the tenth single overall. The song samples the The Incredible Bongo Band song, "Last Bongo in Belgium".
- "Angel" is the title of two songs written and performed by Fleetwood Mac.
- music and lyrics by Stevie Nicks
- "Angel" is a song by English singer-songwriter Sarah Brightman from her eleventh studio album, Dreamchaser. It was first released as the album's lead single in Europe and Mexico as a digital download on October 15, 2012.
- "Angel" was the Maltese entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2005, performed in English by Chiara.
- music by Chiara
- Angel a.k.a. Angelica Panganiban is a Filipino film and television actress.
- read more about Angelica Panganiban (actress)
- Angel a.k.a. Anjelica Huston is an American actress. Huston became the third generation of her family to win an Academy Award, when she won Best Supporting Actress for her performance in 1985's Prizzi's Honor, joining her father, director John Huston, and grandfather, actor Walter Huston. She also received Academy Award nominations for Enemies, a Love Story and The Grifters.
- read more about Anjelica Huston (actress)
- Angel a.k.a. Ava Gardner: Ava Lavinia Gardner was an American actress. She was signed to a contract by MGM Studios in 1941 and appeared mainly in small roles until she drew attention with her performance in The Killers. She was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her work in Mogambo.
- read more about Ava Gardner (actress)
- Angel a.k.a. Ameesha Patel is an Indian actress who appears in mainly Bollywood movies and also in Telugu films. Making her acting debut in the blockbuster Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai, Patel won critical praise for her performance in Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, which became one of the biggest hits in the history of Hindi cinema, earning her a Filmfare Special Performance Award. She would subsequently star in a number of films, most of which proved unsuccessful at the box office. However, her performance in the 2006 film Ankahee, received critical recognition and she followed it in 2007 with a supporting/comic role in the multi-starrer hit Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. and also co-starred opposite Akshay Kumar in the hit Bhool Bhulaiyaa. In 2011, she founded her own production company Ameesha Patel Productions, along with her business partner Kuunal Goomer.
- read more about Ameesha Patel (actress)
- Angel a.k.a. Sherlyn Chopra is an Indian model and actress.
- read more about Sherlyn Chopra (actress)
- Angel a.k.a. Luna Vachon: Gertrude Elizabeth Vachon was a Canadian-American professional wrestler better known by the ring name Luna Vachon.
- read more about Luna Vachon
- Angel a.k.a. Aurora Snow is the stage name of an American former pornographic actress and director.
- read more about Aurora Snow
- Angel a.k.a. Angel Dark is a Slovak pornographic actress and nude model. She began her career in the adult film industry in 2002, and has since appeared in over 230 films.
- read more about Angel Dark
- Angel a.k.a. LoLa Monroe: Fershgenet Melaku, better known as LoLa Monroe, is an American rapper, model and actress.
- read more about LoLa Monroe
- Angel Marie Faith, known by the stage name Angel, is a former American pop/R&B singer and songwriter, She was originally from the now defunct girl group No Secrets where she sang half of the lead vocals. then went on to pursue a successful solo career.
- also known as Angel Marie Faith, Angel Faith
- born on (27 years ago) in Burbank
- nationality: United States of America
- education: University of California, Los Angeles
- profession: Singer
- member of musical group No Secrets (Vocals) between and (4 years)
- genres: Rock music, Pop music, Rhythm and blues
- albums: "Believe In Angels... Believe In Me", "Gift from an Angel", "Twisted"
- Angel a.k.a. Dave Angel is an English techno musician. Angel was born in Chelsea, London in 1966. He is the son of a London-based jazz musician, and the elder brother of rapper Monie Love. He had an unorthodox musical education; his father influenced him deeply, as did his friends and his environment, including the radio. He listened not only to Miles Davis and Charlie Parker, but also to soul music and funk. Even though he was playing instruments at 14 years old, including percussion, his musical development was not easy or straightforward.
- read more about Dave Angel (composer)
- Angel a.k.a. Angel Long is a British pornographic actress and nude model. She has been described as one of Britain's most popular porn stars.
- read more about Angel Long
- Angel a.k.a. Ángel López: Ángel Domingo López Ruano, simply known as Ángel, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for UD Las Palmas. An offensive right back, he can also operate as a midfielder.
- Angel a.k.a. Angélica Ksyvickis born on November 30, 1973 in Santo André, São Paulo, Brazil) is a Brazilian television presenter, actress and singer who goes by the mononym Angélica.
- read more about Angélica
- Angel a.k.a. Angelica Page is an American actress, director, producer and screenwriter and the only daughter of actors Rip Torn and the late Geraldine Page. Angelica Torn legally and professionally changed her name to Angelica Page in September 2011.
- read more about Angelica Page (actress)
- Angel, also known as Jennifer James and Brandee, is a former pornographic actress.
- also known as Jennifer James, Brandee, Jennifer Jones
- born in (50 years ago)
- ethnicity: Irish people, Germans
- profession: Pornographic film actor
- Angel a.k.a. Tami Monroe is a former pornographic actress and member of the AVN Hall of Fame. Her sister is retired porn actress Tara Monroe.
- read more about Tami Monroe
- Angel a.k.a. Natalie Cohen is an American actress and model.
- read more about Natalie Cohen (actress)
- Angel is a glam rock and heavy metal band from Washington, D.C., formed in the mid-1970s by Punky Meadows and Mickie Jones. They were signed to Casablanca Records, and had the image of dressing in white.
- genres: Heavy metal, Progressive rock, Glam rock, Hard rock
- albums: "Angel", "White Hot", "Sinful", "Helluva Band", "On Earth as It Is in Heaven", "In the Beginning", "Can You Feel It", "Angel: The Collection", "Angel: The Singles Collection Volume 1", "Angel: The Singles Collection Volume 2", "An Anthology", "Live Without a Net"
- official website: www.myspace.com/AngelOfficialSite
- Angel a.k.a. Reuben were an English three-piece musical group from Camberley, Surrey. Their music was a fusion of alternative rock and heavy metal, as their songs cover a variety of styles, ranging from heavy and upbeat, such as their 2005 single "Blamethrower" to slower, more melodic songs such as their 2004 single "Moving to Blackwater". The former style of song often featured vocalist Jamie Lenman switching between shouting and whispering, a technique often used in heavy metal and post-hardcore music. The band gained respect in the UK underground music scene, and were known for the devotion to their fans and their fans' devotion to the band. Reuben never achieved mainstream success, due to never charting in the UK Top 40, but still gained minor achievement by charting four singles in the UK Singles Chart. their highest charting single being 2004's "Freddy Kreuger" that reached UK No. 53.
- read more about Reuben
There are other groups with in their name, like Angel's, Ev Angel, Angel One, Angel Pie, Arc Angel, Angel Band, Angel City, Angel Crew, Angel Dust, Angel Edge, Angel Eyes, Angel Fall, Angel Food, Angel hair, Dark Angel, Dumb Angel, Iron Angel, Mary Angel, Angel Blake and Angel Heart.
Angel [ ] is a river of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The Angel is 38.2 km long, and a tributary of the Werse.
- Angel: An angel is a supernatural being or spirit found in various religions and mythologies. In Zoroastrianism and Abrahamic religions they are often depicted as benevolent celestial beings who act as intermediaries between Heaven and Earth, or as guardian spirits or a guiding influence. Other roles of angels include protecting and guiding human beings, and carrying out God's tasks. The term "angel" has also been expanded to various notions of spirits found in many other religious traditions. The theological study of angels is known as "angelology".
- also known as เทวดา, Ferişte, Feriştah, Ангел
- Angel: In the anime and manga Neon Genesis Evangelion, Angels are beings which attack Tokyo-3 over the course of the story. They are the main antagonists of the series and were designed by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.
- Angel is a manga series written and illustrated by U-Jin. The original manga series met with controversy in 1990–1991 in Japan and was retired from its magazine serialization. It was adapted into an OVA of the same name and a sequel called Angel: the women whom delivery host Kosuke Atami healed. The manga was also succeeded by a manga called Angel: the women whom delivery host Kosuke Atami healed, and succeeded again by another manga called Angel: the women whom delivery host Kosuke Atami healed season 2.
- The Angel is a gold coin introduced into England by Edward IV in 1465 as a new issue of the Noble, thus is was first called the "angel-noble". It is based on the French coin known as the Angelot or Ange, which had been issued since 1340. It varied in value between that period and the time of Charles I, when it was last coined in 1642 from 6s. 8d. to 11s. The name was derived from the representation it bore of the Archangel Saint Michael. In 1472, the Half Angel was introduced with a similar design weighing 40 grains with a diameter of 20 to 21 millimeters.
- Angel: In Dungeons & Dragons, angels are a type of celestial that hail from any of the Upper Planes. Angels are also known as aasimon. In earlier editions of D&D, angels were always good-aligned, although 4th edition redesigned angels so that they could be of any alignment.
- The Angel is one of the first electropneumatic paintball markers. It was manufactured by Angel Paintball Sports starting in 1997 and was introduced alongside Smart Parts' original Shocker.
- Angel a.k.a. Angel Season 1: The first season of the television series Angel, the spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, premiered on October 5, 1999 on The WB and concluded its 22-episode season on May 23, 2000. The season aired on Tuesdays at 9:00 pm ET, following Buffy.
- read more about Angel Season 1
- Angel: Angel.com Incorporated was an American telecommunications company supplying interactive voice response, call center technology, and voice applications to businesses over the internet using the software as a service model. Angel was acquired in 2013 by Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories and rebranded as Genesys Cloud.
- Angel a.k.a. Angel Season 2: The second season of the television series Angel, the spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, premiered on September 26, 2000 on The WB and concluded its 22-episode season on May 22, 2001. It maintained its previous timeslot, airing Tuesdays at 9:00 pm ET, following Buffy.
- read more about Angel Season 2
- Angel a.k.a. Angel Season 5: The fifth and final season of the television series Angel, the spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, premiered on October 1, 2003 on The WB and concluded its 22-episode season and its television run on May 19, 2004. The season aired on Wednesdays at 9:00 pm ET. This was the first and only season of Angel to air following the finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- read more about Angel Season 5
- Angel is an American heavy metal band from New York, formed in 1989. The band was founded and guided by Criss Angel during the explosion of hair metal in the late '80s. The name was taken once Angel disbanded. Angel disbanded when Criss Angel decided to go into the direction of industrial rock and formed Angeldust.
- genre: Heavy metal
Phrases with Angel
Phrases starting with the word Angel:
- angel cake
- angel dust
- Angel hair
- Angel Lust
- Angel Tern
- angel falls
- angel shark
- Angel Blenny
- Angel Passes
- Angel Sharks
- Angel's Dram
- Angel Catfish
- Angel Croaker
- Angel Trumpet
Phrases ending with the word Angel:
View more phrases with the word Angel in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Angel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Your Guardian Angel and You (2004)
Tune in to the Signs and Signals to Hear What Your Guardian Angel Is Telling You by Denny Sargent
OD The Guardian Angel is the symbol and focus of a process of Self-becoming. It is a magickal act...
It was a Great Year, We went to Australia for my Sons wedding and made some great family friends, I wrote about 40 Songs and my Voice is Getting Better by Kevin Lajiness
Angel is the word they use to describe you ...
Deleuze and Sex (2011)
by Frida Beckman
The angel is a creature of gaps and transitions, of exchanges, noise and information, like Serres' other famous figure, the parasite, for whom: 'Our chance is on the crest. Our living and inventive path follows the fringed, capricious curve where ...
A Treatise of the Soul of Man: Wherein the Divine Original, Excellent and Immortal Nature of the Soul are Opened ... by John Flavel
An Angel is a Spirit free from a Body, and created without an appetite or inclination to be imbodied. The Steicks call the...
by Emanuel Swedenborg
and whereas the Lord lives m every individual in heaven, and by influx from ike universal heaven acts upon every individual, therefore every angel is an image thereof, that is, a form most perfectly human, in like manner man after death.
The Face of Mammon (2012)
The Matter of Money in English Renaissance Literature by David Landreth
But the angel is an unusual coin, so valuable that many fewer people would have the chance to handle them in exchange as routinely as they were handled in discourse.6 The angel is a way to talk directly about the extraordinariness of money ...
by Jan Harold Brunvand
"The Fallen Angel Cake" This story was published in 1980 in a Sydney, Australia, newspaper and, in 1982, in a slightly different version in a small-town Canadian newspaper. Both reports described it as an actual incident well known to ...
For coeditors Anne Waldman and Lewis Warsh, Angel Hair magazinewas amore personal enterprise than The World, the magazine that Waldman edited, frequently in collaboration with Warsh, for the Poetry Project at St. Mark's Church ...
An Encyclopedia by Huping Ling, Allan W. Austin
The Angel Island Immigration Station in San Francisco Bay was opened in 1910 to help handle the heavy flow of immigrants from Asian countries into the United States. By the time it closed in 1940, more than 1 million newcomers to the ...
A Complete Guide to Cabalistic Magick by David Godwin
as the Golden Dawn and Crowley, attributing the first such angel to the first quinance of Leo rather than Aries. According to MacGregor Mathers, who wrote the bulk of the materials used by the Golden Dawn, the Zodiac should start at 0° Leo ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Angel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Angel
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: DNisha
Angel in one of the rooms at the Vatican
Photo credit: Madison Berndt
Photo credit: Thijs Knaap
Photo credit: srqpix
Photo credit: Fuzzy Gerdes
Carving on a gravestone in Greetland churchyard
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
Photo credit: Narshada
Glad to see the back of her
Photo credit: Johnny Jet
Photo credit: K.Hurley
Photo credit: GlitterandFrills
Photo credit: jasonbolonski
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
Photo credit: actionvance
Photo credit: victor408
Photo credit: Showbits
Photo credit: Free the Image
- Mystic Angel
Photo credit: Nesster
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Angel
Click on an item to play that video:
- Numerology 777 Meaning: Significance Of Angel Number 777
Get Your FREE Numerology Reading Here...
- Prophet Uebert Angel - The Definition of Poverty
- Angel's Explanation... of a woman's amazing dream!
- Pro-Tip Removing Angel Terminology
- Angel: Meaning Being Here & Now In Christ
- Road Angel Halo Product Explanation
- Angel Meaning
Video shows what angel means. A divine and supernatural messenger from a deity, or other divine entity.. The lowest order of angels, below virtues.. A selfless ...
- The Meaning of Each "Angel Deck" Tarot Card : How to Read Angel Tarot Cards
Learn all about how to read the Angel Tarot Deck in this free tarot card reading and deck history video clip. Expert: Marybeth Murphy Bio: Marybeth has been ...
- Spiritually: The Meaning of 7 and 8 with Angel Marie
Seven years! The spiritual essence of the 7 is about reflection on the spiritual nature of things; investigating, analyzing and intuiting of inner wisdom. It is about ...
- Angel's Vocabulary
- Road Angel Halo; Product Explanation
A brand new, discreet accident camera device for your vehicle has been launched by Road Angel. Available with both front and rear camera units, high ...
- "The Real Meaning of Christmas" || Spoken Word || Dany Kamel ft Angel Tairua
- 8N - Rebecca and Angel Dialect Weather Forecast
- Oct 14 no sound explanation Jenifer Angel
- Spiritual Meaning of the Elk with Angel Marie
- Illegal WildLife Trafficking in Colombia - English Language- TvAgro por Juan Gonzalo Angel
- Beefmaster Cattle Growing - English Language -TvAgro por Juan Gonzalo Angel
Twitter @juangangel Beefmaster is a breed of beef cattle that was developed in the early 1930s by Tom Lasater (the breed founder), after his father Ed c. Lasater ...
- Christmas - Alphabet Advent Calendar, letter A: Match Angel Adjective words. Angel foam figures.
Ideas for early learning during Christmas.
- English Language Leeds - Angel Language Academy
Angel Language Academy is an English school with links to language schools abroad find more out at...
- Angel Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Angel!
Click on an item to play that video:
- "Angel" by Amanda Perez in ASL American Sign Language MinneCODA St Paul MN
"Angel" by Amanda Perez in American Sign Language Signed by Richard Herod MinneCODA St. Paul, MN.
- Sign Language for Christmas (Angel)
Spread the joy of Christmas with simple festive greetings in a whole new language.
- Angel - Sign language song -...
- Angel by Your Side sign language
Quotes about Angel
Angel my angel
You must wake up
Open your eyes so the sun can shine off them
Angel my angel
It brings me great pleasure
To see the glitter in your eye
The sparkle in your heart
And another day I can spend with you
Oh angel my angel (Drew Swartz)
more quotes about angel...
Scrabble value of A1N1G2E1L1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ANGEL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Angel!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Angel to see it in context!