Angela Davis (philosopher)
On this page:
Who is Angela Davis?
Angela Davis: Angela Yvonne Davis is an American political activist, scholar, and author. She emerged as a prominent counterculture activist and radical in the 1960s as a leader of the Communist Party USA, and had close relations with the Black Panther Party through her involvement in the Civil Rights Movement, although she was never a party member. Her interests included prisoner rights; she founded Critical Resistance, an organization working to abolish the prison-industrial complex. She is a retired professor with the History of Consciousness Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and a former director of the university's Feminist Studies department.
- also known as Angela Y. Davis; Angela Yvonne Davis; Davis, Angela; DAVIS
- born on (70 years ago) in Birmingham, child of Frank Davis and Sallye Davis
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Writer, philosopher, author, actor, educator, politician, political activist
- Marriage with Hilton Braithwaite since
- written works: "Blues Legacies and Black Feminism", "Women, Culture and Politics", "If They Come Morning", "Prinsetta", "Women, Race and Class", "Femmes, race et classe"
- award: - American Book Awards - "Blues Legacies and Black Feminism"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Angela Davis (philosopher)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ANGELA DAVIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Angela Davis!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Angela Davis to see it in context!