On this page:
- Definition of the noun Anicetus
- Phrases with Anicetus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anicetus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anicetus
- Video language resources about Anicetus
- Scrabble value of A1N1I1C3E1T1U1S1
- Anagrams of ANICETUS
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Anicetus
What does Anicetus mean as a name of something?
Anicetus is a genus of Encyrtidae, described by Howard in 1896.
- synonym: genus Anicetus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Hymenoptera
- family: Encyrtidae
- species Anicetus abyssinicus
- species Anicetus africanus
- species Anicetus aligarhensis
- species Anicetus angustus
- species Anicetus anneckei
- species Anicetus annulatus
- species Anicetus aquilus
- species Anicetus ashmeadi
- species Anicetus beneficus
- species Anicetus ceroplastis
- species Anicetus ceroplastodis
- species Anicetus ceylonensis
- species Anicetus chinensis
- species Anicetus communis
- species Anicetus deltoideus
- species Anicetus dodonia
- species Anicetus eous
- species Anicetus felix
- species Anicetus fotsyae
- species Anicetus graminosus
- species Anicetus howardi
- species Anicetus inglisiae
- species Anicetus integrellus
- species Anicetus italicus
- species Anicetus korotyaevi
- species Anicetus mirabilis
- species Anicetus mysterius
- species Anicetus nyasicus
- species Anicetus ohgushii
- species Anicetus parvus
- species Anicetus primus
- species Anicetus quintanai
- species Anicetus rarisetus
- species Anicetus rubensi
- species Anicetus stylatus
- species Anicetus thanhi
- species Anicetus thymi
- species Anicetus toumeyellae
- species Anicetus zhejiangensis
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Anicetus is a genus of Encyrtinae.
Who is Anicetus?
Anicetus was the leader of an unsuccessful anti-Roman uprising in Colchis in 69. Formerly a freedman of King Polemon II of Pontus, Anicetus commanded the royal fleet until Polemonia was converted into a Roman province under Emperor Nero in 63. During the civil war following Nero’s death, Anicetus sided with Vitellius and led a general insurrection against Vespasian in Trapezus and Colchis 69. The rebels destroyed the Roman fleet in a sudden attack on Trapezus and then turned to piracy using a type of boat known as camarae.
Anicetus is the fictional representation for Anicetus, a Roman freedman who was at Emperor Nero's service.
Phrases with Anicetus
- Anicetus Eous
- Anicetus Felix
- Anicetus Thymi
- Anicetus Parvus
- Anicetus Primus
- Anicetus Thanhi
- Anicetus Aquilus
- Anicetus Dodonia
- Anicetus Fotsyae
- Anicetus Howardi
- Anicetus Rubensi
- Anicetus Angustus
- Anicetus Anneckei
- Anicetus Ashmeadi
- Anicetus Communis
- Anicetus Italicus
- Anicetus Nyasicus
- Anicetus Ohgushii
- Anicetus Stylatus
- Genus Anicetus
View more phrases with the word Anicetus in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anicetus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Matthew Bunson, Margaret Bunson, Stephen Bunson
Anicetus (d.c. 305) > A martyr of Nicomedia (in modern Turkey), with Photinus and other companions. These martyrs are recorded as being blood relatives, all falling victim to the persecutions under Emperor Diocletian (r. 284-305). Feast day: ...
by Everett Ferguson
TheGnostic Valentinus wasinRome until Anicetus«s time. Hegesippus, authorofa work against Gnosticism, and Justin Martyr ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1912)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Andrew Alphonsus MacErlean
The most ancient list of popes is one made by Hegesippus in the time of Pope Anicetus, c. 160 (Harnack ascribes it to an unknown author under Soter, c. 170), cited by St. Epiphanius (Hser., xxvii, 6). It seems to have been used by St. Irenseus ...
by Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain)
One epistle is also falsely ascribed to Anicetus, addressed " Uni- versis Ecclesiis per Galliae Provincias consti- tutis." G. W. ANICH, PETER, was born February, 22 . 1723, near Innsbruck, in the condition of a peasant. At the age of twenty-eight, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anicetus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Anicetus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Anicetus de El Cariduro
Anicetus de el cariduro.
- Anicetus Realty - Florence Abode Villa
Anicetus Realty - Florence Abode Villa - Delhi NCR - Gurgaon - Sale/Rent...
- The World Is An Apple role played by St.Anicetus Group 1
A story that teaches a moral lesson.
- Anicetus Alexander Long
- Anicetus Alexander Short
- Mr. Gagan Bedi, COO, Anicetus Realty Pvt Ltd, in Land Pooling Policy Conference
Mr. Gagan Bedi, COO, Anicetus Realty Pvt Ltd, sharing his vision about the Land Pooling Policy of DDA in Conference organized by New India Initiative ...
Scrabble value of A1N1I1C3E1T1U1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ANICETUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Anicetus!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Anicetus to find many related words and phrases!