On this page:
- Anne Clifford a.k.a. Lady Anne Clifford, 14th Baroness de Clifford, Countess Dowager of Dorset, Pembroke and Montgomery was the only surviving child of George Clifford, 3rd Earl of Cumberland by his wife Lady Margaret Russell, daughter of Francis Russell, 2nd Earl of Bedford. In 1605, she became the suo jure Baroness Clifford and hereditary High Sheriff of Westmorland.
- read more about Lady Anne Clifford, 14th Baroness de Clifford
- Anne Clifford a.k.a. Anne Bardolf: Anne Clifford was the daughter of Thomas Bardolf, 5th Baron Bardolf, and the wife of Sir William Clifford.
- read more about Anne Bardolf
- Anne Clifford is a television producer.
- profession: Television producer
- nomination: - nominated to News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story – Long Form (CNN’s Coverage of Election Night 2008), with David Bohrman, Sam Feist, Melissa Block, Anne Brown, Paul Caron, Jane Maxwell, Steve Dolce, Kate Lunger, Michael Maltas, Alec Miran, Leslie Perrot, Jeff Kepnes, Eric Sherling, Lucy Spiegel, Paul Steinhauser, Alex Wellen, Emily Atkinson, Laura Bernardini, Steve Brusk, Jennifer Buesinger, Katy Byron, Jackie Castillo, Lori Chapman, Anastasia Diakides, Rick DiBella, Patricia Dicarlo, Chris dos Santos, Stephanie Gallman, Lydia Garlikov, Evan Glass, David Gracey, Peter Hamby, Trisha Henry, Brad Hodges, Keating Holland, Matt Hoye, Sasha Johnson, Lauren Kornreich, Alexander Marquardt, Jennifer Mikell, Richard Morris, Lindsey Pope, Mark Preston, Mike Roselli, Devon M. Sayers, Molly Shiels, Alan Silverleib, Alta Spells, Vaughn Sterling & Rachel Streitfeld
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Anne Clifford
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Anne M. Myers
As Ziegler notes, “John Selden's exact relationship to Lady Anne Clifford is a little obscure,” but, ...
by Laura Lunger Knoppers
Anne Clifford is a particularly famous and well-studied ...
Grasmere, 2012 (2012)
Selected Papers from the Wordsworth Summer Conference by Richard Gravil
Like the Shepherd Lord, Lady Anne Clifford is a figure associated with preservation rather than the depredations of war. It is in this spirit of Isaiah— repairing and restoring— that both Wordsworth and Potter think about the enduring landscape ...
by Ilona Bell
Anne Clifford is an exceptionally literate early modern woman who keeps a diary and loves books. Yet, instead of reading to ...
by Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose, Thomas Wright
The earl of Cumberland died in 1605, leaving an only daughter, the celebrated Anne Clifford (see the following article), countess of Dorset, Pembroke, and Montgomery. CLIFFORD, (Anne,) daughter of the preceding, was born at Skipton castle ...
Anne Clifford, m. 1739, James-Joseph, Count Mahony of the Kingdom of Naples, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anne Clifford
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Anne Clifford
Planted by Lady Anne Clifford
Photo credit: Thomas's Pics
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Anne Clifford to find many related words and phrases!