On this page:
Who is Antanas Baranauskas?
Antanas Baranauskas was a Lithuanian poet, mathematician and a catholic bishop of Sejny. Baranauskas is best known as the author of the Lithuanian language poem Anykščių šilelis. He used various pseudonyms, including A.B., Bangputys, Jurksztas Smalaūsis, Jurkštas Smalaūsis, and Baronas. He also wrote poetry in Polish.
- also known as A.B., Bangputys, Jurksztas Smalaūsis, Jurkštas Smalaūsis, Baronas
- born on (180 years ago) in Anykščiai, child of Jonas Bernardas Baronas-Baranauskas and Teklė Pavilonytė-Baronienė-Baranauskienė
- ethnicity: Lithuanians
- nationality: Lithuania
- education: Master's Degree (Theology) at Saint Petersburg Roman Catholic Theological Academy between and (4 years)
- profession: Writer, mathematician, poet
- died on (113 years ago) in Sejny
- written works: "The Forest of Anykščiai", "Mokslas lietuviškosios kalbos"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Antanas Baranauskas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: