On this page:
- Antara is an Indonesian news agency organized as a private company under the Ministry of State-owned Enterprises. It is the country's national news agency, supplying news reports to the many domestic media organization. It is the only organization authorized to distribute news material created by foreign news agencies.
- also known as LKBN ANTARA
- official website: www.antaranews.com
- Antara is a drug brand, brand.
- official website: www.antararx.com
Who is Antara?
Antara a.k.a. Antara Chowdhury is a singer and composer of Bengali songs. She is a daughter of renowned composer and lyricist Salil Chowdhury and Sabita Chowdhury. Antara started her singing career at the early age of seven. She studied at the Bengal Music College, a music training college affiliated with the prestigious University of Calcutta. Her Bengali nursery songs are extremely popular among children of Bengal. She has numerous children's and contemporary hits to her credit in many Indian languages including Bengali, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam.
- read more about Antara Chowdhury
- Antara is a fictional character from the 2009 film Anubhav: An Actor's Tale.
- Antara is a fictional character from the 2009 film 3 Nights 4 Days.
"Antara" is a musical album of Basily.
- released in (24 years ago)
Antara: Antaragram is a noted mental health institution located in the outskirts of Kolkata, India. It is operated by the Antara Society. Antara was established in 1980 by a group of like minded psychiatrists and other mental health professionals.
- also known as Antaragram
- part of Kolkata
- Antara a.k.a. The siku, is a traditional Andean panpipe. This instrument is the main instrument used in a musical genre known as sikuri. It is traditionally found all across the Andes but is more typically associated with music from the Kollasuyo, or Aymara speaking regions around Lake Titicaca. Historically because of the complicated mountain geography of the region, and due to other factors, in some regions each community would develop its own type of siku, with its own special tuning, shape and size. Additionally each community developed its own style of playing. Today the siku has been standardized to fit in with modern western forms of music and has been transported from its traditional roots.
- read more about Siku
- Antara: Antarā is the equivalent of a verse in Hindustani classical music.
Phrases with Antara
Phrases ending with the word Antara:
Other phrases containing the word Antara:
- Pantoporia Antara Sulana
- Pantoporia Antara Pytheas
- Pantoporia Antara Neriphoides
- Subspecies Pantoporia Antara Neriphoides
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Antara
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Bromley, Angela Romano
Antara is a unique media organization with regards to its ownership structure, history and association with Indonesia's political...
Antara means to hold within as universal or cosmic energy; Kumbhaka refers to an empty or full pot. The pause between the in breath and the out breath is called Antara Kumbhaka. It is gently retaining the breath as opposed to tensely, forcibly ...
A Compendium of Ancient Indian Music by Emmie te Nijenhuis
dhe tisrah panca nau smrtdh || 164 || ity asya irutayo 'smdbhir dvdvimsatir uddhrtdh |, "Sadja is pure, rsabha too, gan- dhara is called antara, (madhyama is the) vardlimadhyama, pancama and dhaivata are pure (162), nisada is called kakali.
by V RAVI
Antaryāgaḥ अन्तयागः Antara means internal and yāga means oblations, offerings or sacrifice. In other words, this part deals with internal worship. From the point of view of Advaita philosophy, Nirguṇa Brahman resides within as the Self.
Dots of Destiny (1998)
Applications of Ashtakvarga by Vinay Aditya
The 2nd antara is that of Gemini where Jupiter has 6 bindus; the two planets that have not contributed the bindus are Mercury, the Lagna lord and Mars, the 8th lord. The President was assassinated during this period. It is significant to note that ...
Sinhalese English Dictionary (1982)
by B. Clough
Antara, ad. within, without, between, amongst; except, outside; s. end, conclusion, 'intermediate space, other; a. different. a, ...
by Ganga Ram Garg
Antara. Internal; interior; inside. See Antarahga. Antara. A technical term used in the Hindu Architecture, which means a moulding of the pedestal and the base; literally the distance between any two objects, hence it implies a moulding which ...
by Audrey Kahin
ANTARA (“Between”). Founded on 17 December 1937 by R. M. Sumanang and A. M. Sipatuhar, Antara was developed by Adam Malik and others as a private, nationalist news agency. During the Japanese occupation it was merged with the ...
by Cordelia Candelaria
batá drums, antara panpipes, etc.) One taxonomy considers ...
by Ambalaṅgoḍa Polvattē Buddhadatta, A. P. Buddhadatta Mahāthera
Antara, nt. difference. a. huier; inter, antare, in between. — kappa, m. intei mediatory kappa. — ghara, nt. inner village or house.— sataka, nt. inner garment. Antaratthaka, nt. the coldest eight days of the winter, when snow talls (in India).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Antara
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Antara
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Ruben Flores
Photo credit: Muhamad Taufiq
- Antara shopping center
Photo credit: jrsnchzhrs
- Tiya and Antara
Photo credit: Mike Prince
- Nisha, Tiya and Antara
Photo credit: Mike Prince
- Antara 3 Darjat
Photo credit: emrank
- Antara & Keshav in the snow
Photo credit: racheocity
- Antara Silverado
Photo credit: RL GNZLZ
View more pictures about Opel Antara.
Scrabble value of A1N1T1A1R1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ANTARA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Antara!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Antara to see it in context!