On this page:
Definition of the verb ante up
What does ante up mean as a doing phrase?
- cancel or discharge a debt
Alternative definition of the verb ante up
- To contribute one's share of a payment, or to pay what is due
- To pay a fee necessary to play a game, typically a card game
- "Ante Up" is a 1974 Italian comedy film directed by Paolo Nuzzi. It was entered into the 25th Berlin International Film Festival.
- countries: Italy, France
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Leo Pescarolo
- production design by Mario Ambrosino
- written by Piero Chiara, Paolo Nuzzi, Maria Pia Sollima
- based on a story by Piero Chiara
- Aldo Maccione as Camola
- Erminio Macario as Brovelli
- Agostina Belli as Ines
- Andréa Ferréol as Cantante Lirica
- Renato Pinciroli as Rimediotti
- Loredana Martínez as Flora
- Franco Diogene as Peppino
- Claudio Gora as Doctor
- Guido Leontini as Spreafico
- Armando Brancia as Giuseppe Migliavacca
- Daniele Vargas as The lawyer
- cinematography by Arturo Zavattini
- edited by Antonio Siciliano
- music by Franco Micalizzi, Rudy Knabl
- costume design by Mario Ambrosino & Sissi Parravicini
- genre: Comedy
- released on (40 years ago)
- "Ante Up" is a 2008 comedy film written by Jonathan Salemi and directed by Jonathan Salemi.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Jonathan Salemi
- executive producers: Amil Salemi Jr., Amil Salemi, Jonathan Salemi
- written by Jonathan Salemi
- Jerry Banks as Football Guy
- Kace Campbell as Mike
- Angela de Malignon as Julie Peterson
- Anna Easteden as Louise
- Ryan Ellingsen as Smokin' Joe
- Dina Fiala
- Tony Fiala
- Grace Fraga as Paula Peterson
- Will Froelich as College Guy #1
- Erin Gallagher as Jamie Peterson
- Scott Harris as Frank Silva
- Peter James as Mr. Peterson
- Anna Kamila as Sabrina
- Murphy Lynch as Charlie
- Erin Stutland as Stacy
- casting by Jonathan Brooks
- cinematography by Josh Fritts
- edited by Michael L. Hobbs
- music by Tony Fiala
- genre: Comedy
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Ante Up" is a musical album of Blind Luck.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Ante Up" is a composition.
- music by 山中康央
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ante Up
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Paul Heacock
ante up sth to give ...
by Tony Thorne
ante up vb to pay one's contribution, put one's money in the common pot.
Chambers concise dictionary (2004)
tr&intr(usu ante up) colloq, esp US to pay.
by Karl August Lentzner
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
539, 1989 ante up verb to provide money for a project US,
by Kevin McCann, Mark Diehl
WHATS Up-front money: 4 ANTE Up good: 4 TONO Upgrade: 4 REDO Upheaval: 5 THROE Upholstered piece: 4 SOFA Thickly - seat: 9 CLUBCHAIR Upholstery fabric: 5 FRISE TOILE flaw: 3 RIP Uplift: 4 BUOY 5 EDIFY RAISE Uplifting ...
by Christine Ammer
ante up Pay what is due, contribute; by extension, do one's share. For example, The trustees were asked to ante up $10,000 eachfor the new scholarship, or Tired ofwatching Ioe sit around while they cleaned up, the roommates told ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ante Up
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ante Up
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Ante Up
Ante up Meaning
Video shows what ante up means. To contribute one's share of a payment, or to pay what is due. To pay a fee necessary to play a game, typically a card game.
See also the pronunciation examples of Ante Up!
Quotes about Ante Up
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ante up"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Anagrams of ANTE UP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ante Up!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ante Up to see it in context!