Anthony Davis (musical artist)
On this page:
Who is Anthony Davis?
Anthony Davis, is an American jazz pianist, composer, and student of gamelan music. Davis is best known for his operas including X, The Life and Times of Malcolm X, which was premiered by the New York City Opera in 1986, Amistad, which premiered with the Lyric Opera of Chicago in 1997, and Wakonda's Dream, which premiered at Opera Omaha in 2007.
- also known as Davis, Anthony
- born on (63 years ago) in Paterson
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Bachelor of Arts (Music) at Yale University, graduated in
- profession: Jazz pianist, composer, pianist
- albums: "Lady of the Mirrors", "Interpretations of Monk: Live From Soundscape Series" (disc 3), "Trio 2", "The Ghost Factory", "X: the Life and Times of Malcolm X"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, US & Canada (Music Composition)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Anthony Davis (musical artist)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Anthony Davis to see it in context!