Apron appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Red, I had an apron or a belt, taciturn in a matey level yet a man in rut: I, cattle baron or panada hider.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun apron
- Phrases with Apron
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Apron
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Apron
- Photos about Apron
- Video language resources about Apron
- Quotes about Apron
- Scrabble value of A1P3R1O1N1
- Anagrams of APRON
- Share this page
The word apron is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun apron
What does apron mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aprons
- a garment of cloth or leather or plastic that is tied about the waist and worn to protect your clothing
- (golf) the part of the fairway leading onto the green
- the part of a modern theater stage between the curtain and the orchestra (i.e., in front of the curtain)
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of apron: forestage / proscenium
- more generic word: stage = a large platform on which people can stand and can be seen by an audience
- part of: theater stage / theatre stage = a stage in a theater on which actors can perform
- a paved surface where aircraft stand while not being used
Alternative definition of the noun apron
- An article of clothing worn over the front of the torso and/or legs for protection from spills.
- A hard surface bordering a structure or area.
- The paved area of an airport.
- The spreading end of a driveway.
- The paved area below the yellow line on a race track.
- The portion of a stage extending towards the audience beyond the proscenium arch in a theatre.
- The sides of a tree’s canopy.
Specialised definition of the noun apron
Glossary of sports / boxing
that part of a boxing ring that extends beyond the ropes (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
Glossary of sports / golf
the part of the fairway just in front of the green (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
the area of grass surrounding the putting surface; also known as the fringe
Glossary of sports / motorsports / auto racing
in INDYCAR and NASCAR racing, the paved portion of a racetrack that separates the racing surface from the infield
Apron is a musical group.
- album: "Apron"
- official website: www.apronline.de
"Apron" is a musical album of Apron.
- released on (6 years ago)
Apron: An apron is a raised section of ornamental stonework below a window ledge, stone tablet, or monument.
Phrases with Apron
Phrases starting with the word Apron:
Phrases ending with the word Apron:
Other phrase containing the word Apron:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Apron
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Adding Style & Elegancce with Showcase Features You Can Build by Jerri Farris
MAKE THE APRON The apron is a frame that holds the legs securely at the corners and supports the tabletops. The apron is actually a frame within a frame, made from strong, solid oak on the outside with a less expensive pine liner and filler ...
The Gopher Tortoise (2004)
A Life History by Patricia Sawyer Ashton, Ray E. Ashton
The apron is the dirt that has been piled in front of the burrow mouth. Most tortoise burrows have aprons, but some aprons are very small when the burrow is in soils with lots of shell or rock, such as on coastal beaches or in limerock areas.
Dental Radiography - E-Book (2013)
Principles and Techniques by Joen Iannucci, Laura Jansen Howerton
Lead Apron The lead apron is a flexible shield ...
The Apron is a stone color, having a pocket in the centre; the movable part ...
Pilot's Guide to ATC (2008)
by David Harrison
The apron is that part of an aerodrome provided for the stationing of aircraft for the embarkation of passengers, the loading and unloading of cargo, refuelling and for parking. With respect to ground movements, MATS Part 1 states: An air traffic ...
Freemasonry in the American Civil War by Michael A. Halleran
Macoy, writing in 1870, stated that the American Blue Lodge “Apron is a pure white lambskin, 15 inches wide and 13 inches deep, ...
The Fundamental Principles and Practical Methods Described in Detail by Richard Gaasbeck
The apron is the upper member of the stem on the inboard side of the boat. It is intended to strengthen the stem and afford wood for the reception of the outside planking and the heels of the foremost timber. Deadwood.—The deadwood is the ...
A Cyclopaedia of Costume Or Dictionary of Dress, Including Notices of Contemporaneous Fashions on the Continent: The dictionary (1876)
by James Robinson Planché
APRON, A PORN E, N APRON. (From nappe, cloth, French ; or, according to some, from ...
Containing Also an Addendum, Giving the Results of Subsequent Study, Research and Discovery to the Present Time, and a Self-pronouncing Dictionary by Albert Gallatin Mackey, Charles Thompson McClenachan
Apron. There is no one of the symbols of Speculative Masonry more important in its teachings, or more interesting in its history, than the lambskin, or white leather apron. Commencing its lessons at an early period in the Mason's progress, it is ...
by George Morley Story, W. J. Kirwin, John David Allison Widdowson
A leather, canvas or oil-skin apron, reaching from breast to knees, worn when catching fish or esp when processing the catch ashore; hence a homemade domestic apron. [(c!710) 1895 PROWSE 22 A View of a Stage & also ye manner of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Apron
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Apron
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Editor B
The apron reads:
If you don't like the food, have more wine.
Photo credit: srqpix
Photo credit: Hey Paul Studios
Aboriginal Bark Paintings printed on cotton.
Photo credit: RubyGoes
Tying an Apron
Photo credit: Lance Holley
- Assembly line apron production
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- New apron
Polymer clay button made to go with Elsie's Kitchen fabric.
Photo credit: lisaclarke
- Apron in morning light w/flash
Photo credit: skvidal
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Apron
Click on an item to play that video:
- Apron Meaning
Video shows what apron means. An article of clothing worn over the front of the torso and/or legs for protection from spills.. A hard surface bordering a structure ...
- Butcher's apron Meaning
Video shows what butcher's apron means. the Union Jack.. Butcher's apron Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say butcher's apron.
- Racing Term #9 "Apron" of Frankie Lovato's 365 Days of Terminology
See also the pronunciation examples of Apron!
Quotes about Apron
An excuse is nearer to a woman than her apron.
more quotes about apron...
Scrabble value of A1P3R1O1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of APRON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Apron!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Apron to see it in context!