On this page:
"Apt Pupil" is a 1998 American thriller film directed by Bryan Singer and starring Ian McKellen and Brad Renfro. It is based on the 1982 novella by Stephen King. In the 1980s in southern California, high school student Todd Bowden discovers fugitive Nazi war criminal Kurt Dussander living in his neighborhood under the pseudonym Arthur Denker. Bowden, obsessed with Nazism and acts of the Holocaust, persuades Dussander to share his stories, and their relationship stirs malice in each of them.
- also known as 纳粹追凶, شاگرد توانا
- countries: United States of America, France
- languages: English Language, German Language
- producers: Jane Hamsher, Don Murphy, Bryan Singer
- executive producer: Tim Harbert
- production design by Richard Hoover
- art direction by Kathleen McKernin
- written by Brandon Boyce
- based on "Apt Pupil" by Stephen King
- Brad Renfro as Todd Bowden
- Ian McKellen as Kurt Dussander
- Joshua Jackson as Joey
- Mickey Cottrell as Sociology Teacher
- Michael Reid MacKay as Nightmare Victim
- Ann Dowd as Monica Bowden
- Bruce Davison as Richard Bowden
- James Karen as Victor Bowden
- Marjorie Lovett as Agnes Bowden
- David Cooley as Gym Teacher
- Blake Anthony Tibbetts as Teammate
- Heather McComb as Becky Trask
- Katherine Malone as Student #1
- Grace Sinden as Secretary
- David Schwimmer as Edward French
- Elias Koteas as Archie
- Kevin Spirtas as Paramedic
- Michael Byrne as Ben Kramer
- Danna Dennis as Nurse
- Jan Tříska as Isaac Weiskopt
- Joe Morton as Dan Richler
- Michael Artura as Detective Getty
- Donna Marie Brown as Mother
- Mark Flythe as Darren
- Warren Wilson as Newscaster
- Mildred Singer as Hospital Administrator #2
- Mary Ottman as Doctor
- Darrell Britt as Student #2
- Robert "Duckie" Carpenter as Skinhead
- Richard Dunn as Man with Bags
- Joseph Ashton Montgomery as Student #3
- Phaedra Neitzel as Student #4
- Anthony Moore as Umpire
- Jill Harris as Reporter
- Norbert Dave Singer as Hospital Administrator #1
- casting by Francine Maisler
- cinematography by Newton Thomas Sigel
- edited by John Ottman
- music by John Ottman
- costume design by Louise Mingenbach
- set decoration by Jennifer Herwitt
- genres: Thriller, Drama
- subjects: The Holocaust, Racism
- tagline: If you don't believe in the existence of evil you have a lot to learn.
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (17 years ago)
"Apt Pupil" is a novella by Stephen King, originally published in the 1982 novella collection Different Seasons, subtitled "Summer of Corruption".
- also known as Un Eleve Doue
- language: English Language
- released in (34 years ago)
"Apt Pupil" is a musical album of John Ottman, soundtrack.
- also known as Apt Pupil Soundtrack
- released on (17 years ago)
Printed books with definitions for Apt Pupil
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Celebration of the World's Most Unheralded Fright Flicks by Adam Lukeman
Apt Pupil is an examination of evil, how it can spread and develop a life of its own . The stories of the...
Apt Pupil is a study of the dark side of humanity and delivers its fear through the exposure of what can lie inside mankind. Evil has many ...
Hollywood's Stephen King (2003)
by Tony Magistrale
Apt Pupil is a cinematic work that centers ...
TLA Video & DVD Guide 2005 (2004)
The Discerning Film Lover's Guide by David Bleiler
Bruce Davison, Elias Koteas, David Schwimnter: The sophomore film from Usual Suspects director Singer, Apt Pupil is a disappointing adaptation of the well- crafted Stephen King novella. Singer displays little aptitude for the subject matter: the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Apt Pupil
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Apt Pupil
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Apt pupil
Photo credit: aeneastudio
- "Apt Pupil"
Andy's getting some goof ball lessons here from his sister...
Photo credit: mikes rite
Quotes about Apt Pupil
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Apt Pupil"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Apt Pupil for some fun with words!