On this page:
- Definition of the noun aquila
- Phrases with Aquila
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Aquila
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aquila
- Photos about Aquila
- Videos about Aquila
- Scrabble value of A1Q10U1I1L1A1
- Anagrams of AQUILA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aquila
What does aquila mean as a name of something?
- a constellation in the Milky Way near Cygnus; contains the star Altair
- a genus of Accipitridae
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Aquila: genus Aquila
- more generic term: bird genus = a genus of birds
- member of: Accipitridae / family Accipitridae = hawks; Old World vultures; kites; harriers
Aquila is a municipality in Veracruz, Mexico. It is located about 136 km from state capital Xalapa to the south-west. It has a surface of 35.37 km². It is located at 18°48′N 97°18′W / 18.800°N 97.300°W.
- also known as Aquila, Veracruz
- part of Veracruz
Who is Aquila?
Aquila is the name of a man in the New Testament. He was a Jew from Rome, who with his wife Prisca or Priscilla had settled in Corinth, where Paul stayed with them. They became Christians and fellow-workers with Paul, to whom they seem to have shown their devotion in some special way. See also Acts 18:18-19; 1 Corinthians 16:19; and 2 Timothy 4:19.
- Aquila is a musical group.
- album: "Gain Control"
- Aquila is a musical group.
- album: "Aquila"
There are other groups with in their name, like Aquila Rose.
AQUILA is an aircraft manufacturer.
- also known as AQUILA Aviation by Excellence AG
- official website: www.aquila-aero.com
- "Aquila" is a musical album of Pedro Capó.
- released in
- "Aquila" is a musical album of Laurie Larson.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Aquila" is a musical album of Aquila.
- "Aquila" is a composition.
- music by Tetsukazu Nakanishi
- "Aquila" is a novelette written by S. P. Somtow.
- released in (34 years ago)
- award: - Hugo Award for Best Novelette nomination for S. P. Somtow
- "Aquila" is an award-nominated book by Andrew Norriss.
- award: - Nestlé Smarties Book Prize (Silver Award, 9-11 years ) nomination for Andrew Norriss
- Aquila is an educational children's magazine that offers an alternative to mainstream publications. It is for boys and girls of 8-13 and features puzzles, fun facts and activities - and is advert-free. Each issue revolves mainly around a specific topic, for example Captain Cook, Science Special, The Equator and Medieval Times - all covered in 2013. The "lively and informative" magazine is aimed at bright pre-teenagers interested in hobbies beyond pop music and soaps, who "need to be able to feel good about themselves" and to realise that "there are other children out there like them" according to D J Taylor's article in the Telegraph in 2003. It was established in 1993 and is owned and run by New Leaf Publishing Ltd, a small independent publishing house situated in the coastal town of Eastbourne in the UK. ATE Superweeks, a UK summer camp provider, works in association with Aquila magazine to run an annual summer camp. In 2012 the camp was called The Eco-Venture and had a focus on the environment.
- Aquila is an ornithological journal established by Ottó Herman, Budapest, Hungary, in 1894. It publishes peer reviewed articles and research notes focusing on birds, mostly − though not exclusively − on the avifauna of the Carpathian Basin. Recent issues are bilingual, coming in English and in Hungarian. Aquila is referred in Zoological Record and in Fisheries and Wildlife Reviews.
- Aquila: The modern constellation Aquila lies across one of the quadrants symbolized by the The Black Tortoise of the North, and Three Enclosures that divide the sky in traditional Chinese uranography.
- also known as Aquila in Chinese astronomy
- Aquila: Rockport Technologies’ Rockport Aquila - high end audio speakerAndrew Payor has always been known for his beautifully crafted designs. From conception to execution, the focus is always on the goal of faithful reproduction of the musical experience, and the Aquila is another example of this practice. Superb cabinet design and construction, coupled with custom designed carbon fiber sandwich cones, a Scanspeak D30 tweeter and an refined crossover work to bring startling dynamic contrasts, a profound foundation, a midband that has to be heard to be believed and an extended high end.
Phrases with Aquila
Phrases starting with the word Aquila:
Phrases ending with the word Aquila:
- Raja Aquila
- Empis Aquila
- genus aquila
- Osmia aquila
- Perna Aquila
- Villa Aquila
- Apamea Aquila
- Glypta Aquila
- Ithome Aquila
- Lecane aquila
- Miresa Aquila
- Mycena Aquila
- Napaea Aquila
- Sciara Aquila
- Serica Aquila
- Tegosa Aquila
View more phrases with the word Aquila in thesaurus!
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Aquila
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Andocides - Athanagilde by Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge
Aquila is the residence of the intendente, and also of a military commandant : the civil and criminal courts for its division are held here. It has also a lyceum. The streets, though generally narrow, are straight, and it has two squares ornamented ...
The Astrology Book (2003)
The Encyclopedia of Heavenly Influences by James R Lewis
The constellation Aquila is an eagle, but in astrology it is sometimes taken as an alternate term for the sign Scorpio. The notion here is that Scorpio rules the principle of metamor- phosis and regeneration. The lowly, stinging scorpion is an ...
Sidenotes For The Reason (2014)
by Ian Beardsley
Aquila is the Eagle and is an ancient constellation known as the Eagle before Christ. In Greek Mythology, it was the eagle attendant to Zeus, or Jupiter (Roman) . Scutum is in a particularly rich area of the Milky Way, full of dense star clouds.
Astronomy, Astronomy by CTI Reviews
Aquila is a constellation in the northern sky. Its name is Latin for 'eagle' and it represents the bird who carried Zeus'/Jupiter's thunderbolts in GrecoRoman mythology.
The Stars and Stories by Chris Sasaki, Joe Boddy
E2g AQUILA: THE EAGLE AQUILA is a large eagle, soaring through.
Sanctius' Theory of Language (1983)
A Contribution to the History of Renaissance Linguistics by Manuel Breva-Claramonte
For example, aquila is a feminine noun for both males and females; ...
A Translation of the Hexaëmeron by Robert Grosseteste, Christopher F. J. Martin
Aquila is the name given to a rather shadowy 2nd century A.D. translator of the Hebrew Bible into Greek. The translation, which only survives in fragments, ...
A Complete Guide to 1,000 Towns and Cities and Their Landmarks, with 80 Regional Tours by Touring club italiano
L'Aquila is the regional capital; the provincial capitals are Chieti, Pescara, and Teramo. History. Bellicose ltalic tribes — the Picenti, Pretuzi, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aquila
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aquila
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Caitlinator
(c) by Vernalis
Photo credit: Michael Beat
Photo credit: :MArC-OH
Photo credit: Cristóbal Alvarado Minic
Photo credit: danifeb
Photo credit: Roby Ferrari
- Aquila americana
Photo credit: enfad
Photo credit: Adeodatus
- Aquila in Notturna, la vetta
Photo credit: breedingfra
Photo credit: Franco Vannini
- L'Aquila Zona Rossa
Photo credit: europeo
View more pictures about Aquila verreauxii.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Aquila
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Aquila!
Scrabble value of A1Q10U1I1L1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AQUILA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aquila!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aquila to see it in context!