Ara is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun ara
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ara
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ara
- Photos about Ara
- Videos about Ara
- Quotes about Ara
- Scrabble value of A1R1A1
- Anagrams of ARA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ara
What does ara mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma
- Ara a.k.a. Go Ara, often performing under the mononym Ara, is a South Korean actress. She made her acting debut in the 2003 Korean television drama Sharp #1.
- read more about Go Ara (actress)
- Ara a.k.a. Ara Mina: Hazel Pascual Reyes, better known by her screen name Ara Mina, is a Filipina actress, fashion model and singer. She won the Golden Screen Award in 2004 for Best Actress in a drama in the Philippines for her role as Luna in Minsan Pa. Mina is also known for her roles in the films Mano Po 2 and Huling Birhen sa Lupa, the two of which that have given her acting trophies in the past.
- read more about Ara Mina (actress)
- Ara a.k.a. Araceli González is an Argentinian actress, fashion model and TV host.
- read more about Araceli González
- Ara a.k.a. Yoo Ara is a South Korean singer and dancer.
- read more about Yoo Ara
- Ara a.k.a. ÁRA is a musical group.
- album: "O"
- official website: soundofara.wordpress.com
- Ara a.k.a. Ära is a musical group from Estonia.
ARA is a record label.
- Ara is a fictional character from the 2001 film Kill Me Later.
- Ara is a fictional character from the 2011 film Arisan! 2.
- Ara is a fictional character from the 2010 film Shake, Rattle & Roll 12.
- Ara is a fictional character from the TV program Crazy for You.
- Ara is a fictional character from the 2010 film Habana Eva.
- Ara is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Reunion.
- Ara is a fictional character from the 2011 film Cross.
- Ara is a fictional character from the tv series Housos.
- Ara is a fictional film character.
- "Ara" is a 2008 Turkish drama film directed by Ümit Ünal, starring Erdem Akakçe, Betül Çobanoğlu, Serhat Tutumluer, and Selen Uçer, all originally stage actors.
- "ARA" is a film, directed by Dimi Nakov.
- "Ara" is a 2012 EP album of Gökhan Türkmen.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Ara" is a musical album of Marcel Cranc.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Ara" is a musical album of Fes-te Fotre.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Ara" a.k.a. "Ära" is a musical album of Pest.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Ara" a.k.a. "Ära" is a musical album of Minas Morgul.
- "Ara" is a composition.
- music by Haig Yazdjian
- Ara a.k.a. 'Ara: 'Ara is a village in the Haifa District in northern Israel, located in the Wadi Ara valley. Since 1985 'Ara has been part of the Ar'ara local council. It is north of highway 65, between Ar'ara and Kfar Qara. Its population of 4,600 is almost entirely Muslim.
- also known as 'Ara, Israel
- part of Israel
- Ara is a lake in the municipality of Aremark in Østfold county, Norway.
- part of Aremark
- Ara a.k.a. Acadiana Regional Airport is a public use airport in Iberia Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is owned by Iberia Parish and is located four nautical miles northwest of the central business district of New Iberia, Louisiana. From 1960 to 1965 it was operated by the U.S. Navy as Naval Air Station New Iberia.
- Ara is a census town in Hazaribag district in the state of Jharkhand, India.
- Ara a.k.a. Arabic Language: Arabic is a name for what are traditionally considered the descendants of the Classical Arabic language of the 6th century. This includes both the literary language and varieties of Arabic spoken in a wide arc of territory, stretching across the Middle East, North Africa, and the Horn of Africa. Arabic belongs to the Afro-Asiatic family.
- also known as عربي, اللغة العربية, Arabic, /m/0jzc
- Ara is a Catalan daily newspaper that began publication on November 28, 2010, coinciding with the Catalan parliamentary elections. Between 60,000 and 90,000 copies are printed each day. It is the third most read daily newspaper in Catalonia, and the most read daily newspaper written exclusively in the Catalan language. Its regional edition, Ara Balears, is the most widespread Catalan language newspaper on the Balearic Islands. Ara's web page is the visited digital media in Catalonia, with around 2 million single users per month.
- official website: www.ara.cat
- Ara a.k.a. Argentine austral: The austral was the currency of Argentina between June 15, 1985 and December 31, 1991. It was subdivided into 100 centavos. The symbol was an uppercase A with an extra horizontal line, codepoint U+20B3 austral sign ₳. This symbol appeared on all coins issued in this currency, to distinguish them from earlier currencies. The ISO 4217 code is ARA.
- official website: www.bcra.gov.ar
- Ara, or Arag, is a traditional alcoholic beverage consumed in Bhutan. Ara is made from rice, maize, millet, or wheat, and may be either fermented or distilled. The beverage is usually a clear, creamy, or white color.
- Ara a.k.a. Aari Language: Aari is an Omotic language of Ethiopia. The speakers of this language have been known as Shankilla, a name which is considered derogatory.
- read more about Aari Language
- Ara a.k.a. Wára Language: Upper Morehead, also known as Wára, is a Papuan language of New Guinea. Varieties are Wára, Kómnjo, Anta, and Wèré; these are divergent enough to sometimes be listed as distinct languages.
- read more about Wára Language
- Ara: According to traditional Chinese uranography, the modern constellation Ara is located within the eastern quadrant of the sky, which is symbolized as the Azure Dragon of the East.
- also known as Ara in Chinese astronomy
- Ara a.k.a. Arhâ Language: Arhâ is a nearly extinct Oceanic language of New Caledonia.
- read more about Arhâ Language
- Ara: Aka is a monoethnic world that recently underwent an aggressive revolutionary change in technological status, during which almost all of the traditional culture was suppressed or rejected. Aka is governed by a despotic state which mandates a form of scientific theism and aims to turn its citizens into ideal "producer-consumers", with the ultimate goal of attaining advanced spaceflight capabilities. Aka is the setting of most of The Telling.
- Ara is a file format.
- Ara a.k.a. forkhead box C1 is a gene.
- also known as forkhead-related activator 3; forkhead (Drosophila)-like 7; iridogoniodysgenesis type 1; Forkhead, drosophila, homolog-like 7; myeloid factor-delta
- Ara a.k.a. ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 6 is a gene.
- also known as anthracycline resistance associated protein; anthracycline resistance-associated; ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C, member 6; pseudoxanthoma elasticum
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ara
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Dobe Ju/'Hoansi (2012)
by Richard B. Lee
SiI/ara is a term associated with behaviors of extreme, almost exaggerated cordiality. Greetings are accom— panied by jovial handshaking and backslapping, and sometimes include bawdy joking. The term is also used by a Herero with any ju ...
The Comprehensive Bible (1829)
Containing the Old and New Testaments [...]
ara is a correction of the preceding, made iu the fourth century, by Pandorus, an Egyptian monk, and used by the people of Antioch ; and it diners from the Alexandrian only by subtracting ten years. The Conitantinopolilan ara is that used by ...
by John Bowker, John Westerdale Bowker
rarm'ara is a pre-Aryan belief which only gradually reasserted itself after the Aryan invasion. Certainly, as will be seen, it does not appear very clearly in the Vedai', although traces of it are there. It follows ...
Ara, n. a body ; a member ; a limb ; kind ; kin ; trunk ; matter ; substance ; hulk. — e.g., Ara r$ ni, " This is ...
To which is Added a Selection of Colloquial Sentences by William Williams
Ara, S. Road.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ara
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ara
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: oletourn
Photo credit: zenithe
Photo credit: debuglevel
Photo credit: Alexandre Prévot
Photo credit: ericmonia
Photo credit: Stuti ~
Nikon D3, lens 300 F2,8 VR.
Photo credit: Claudio Gennari ..."Cogli l'attimo ferma il tempo"
- Ara ler
Photo credit: Alexander Mkhitaryan
- Museo dell'Ara Pacis
Photo credit: Antonella Profeta
- Gaze dell'Ara ...
D 3, lens 300 f2,8 vr.
Photo credit: Claudio Gennari ..."Cogli l'attimo ferma il tempo"
View more pictures about Ara Solis.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ara
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ara Meaning
Video shows what ara means. The great blue and yellow macaw (Ara ararauna).. Ara Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ara.
- WIZKID AND HIS NEW SLANG, 'NDI ARA'
- ARA People's Language Academy - How it works
- Ara gian qurbant bm Sarkawt usman ( Kurdish Language )
Sarkawt usman ( Kurdish Language )
See also the pronunciation examples of Ara!
Quotes about Ara
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ara"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1R1A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ARA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ara!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ara to see it in context!