On this page:
- Definition of the noun arachnid
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arachnid
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arachnid
- Photos about Arachnid
- Video about Arachnid
- Quotes about Arachnid
- Scrabble value of A1R1A1C3H4N1I1D2
- Anagrams of ARACHNID
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun arachnid
What does arachnid mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: arachnids
- air-breathing arthropods characterized by simple eyes and four pairs of legs
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of arachnid: arachnoid
- more generic word: arthropod = invertebrate having jointed limbs and a segmented body with an exoskeleton made of chitin
- more specific terms:
- Phalangium opilio / daddy longlegs / harvestman = spiderlike arachnid with a small rounded body and very long thin legs
- scorpion = arachnid of warm dry regions having a long segmented tail ending in a venomous stinger
- false scorpion / pseudoscorpion = small nonvenomous arachnid resembling a tailless scorpion
- whip scorpion / whip-scorpion = nonvenomous arachnid that resembles a scorpion and that has a long thin tail without a stinger
- spider = predatory arachnid with eight legs, two poison fangs, two feelers, and usually two silk-spinning organs at the back end of the body
- acarine = mite or tick
- member of: Arachnida / class Arachnida = a large class of arthropods including spiders and ticks and scorpions and daddy longlegs
Alternative definition of the noun arachnid
- Any of the eight-legged creatures, including spiders and scorpions, of the class Arachnida
"Arachnid" is a 2001 horror film directed by Jack Sholder. In this film, giant killer spiders menace survivors of a plane crash. The film stars Alex Reid, Chris Potter, Rocqueford Allen, Robert Vicencio and José Sancho.
- also known as Арахнид, 8 Legs, A sziget neve: Halál, Amazon, Arachnid - Il predatore, Ston isto tis arahnis
- country: Spain
- languages: Spanish Language, English Language
- producers: Julio Fernández & Brian Yuzna
- executive producers: Carlos Fernández & Julio Fernández
- production design by Llorenç Miquel
- art direction by Enrique Echeverría
- written by Mark Sevi
- Chris Potter as Valentine
- Alex Reid as Mercer
- Rocqueford Allen as Bear
- Neus Asensi as Susana
- José Sancho as Dr. Samuel Leon
- Robert Vicencio as Toe Boy
- Luis Lorenzo Crespo as Reyes
- Ravil Isyanov as Henry Capri
- Jesus Cabrero as Lightfoot
- Héctor Chiquín as Native #1
- Conejo Wilson as Native #2
- Fausto Gualsaqui as Native #3
- Gavin Sims as Cult Member
- casting by Greg Kyle, Américo Piñeiro, Naomi Yoelin
- cinematography by Carlos González
- edited by Jaume Vilalta
- music by Francesc Gener
- costume design by Catou Verdier
- genres: Horror, Science Fiction, Adventure Film
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (13 years ago)
"Arachnid" is a composition.
- music by Brian Tyler
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arachnid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tarja Nikula, Emma Dafouz
A genus may be represented by a wellknown member ('an arachnid is a spider', while actually it is vice versa) or by its most common characteristic (a spider makes webs). The following examples from the ConCLIL corpus give evidence of ...
by Rod Powers
An arachnid is an animal with eight legs in four pairs, such as a spider, tic, or scorpion. 9. The correct answer is c - reptiles. Herpetology is the study of reptiles. 10. The correct answer is b — 200. A normal human skeleton has 206 bones.
What is an Arthropod? (2003)
by Kathryn Smithyman, Bobbie Kalman
The longest arachnid is the South African rock scorpion, which is eight inches (21 cm) long. 10 oo o o oo o o oo o A few spiders live on water, and some mites live in water, but most arachnids live on land. Spiders, harvestmen, mites, and ticks ...
by John Gunn
The arachnid fauna of North America is diverse and ...
by Charlotte Buxton
arachnid n. a creature of a class including spiders ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
orfe, rasbora aquatic animal beaver, fish, newt, otter, polyp, seal aquatic arachnid water spider aquatic beaver-like rodent coypu aquatic bird coot, dabchick, dipper, diver, duck, flamingo, goose, grebe, gull, penguin, smew, swan, tern aquatic ...
A medical dictionary written by a doctor for doctors, now illustrated by Joseph C Segen
See Arachnophobia, Black widow spider, Brown recluse spider arachnid injury Any lesion cause by biting arachnids including spiders, scorpions, tarantulas, et al which, in extreme cases can result in significant skin ulceration. See Black ...
by Maggenti Mary Ann, Maggenti Armand, Gardner Scott
Arachnida, arachnid n. [Gr. arachne, spider] A class of the phylum Arthropoda that includes the scorpions, mites, spiders, harvestmen and ticks, etc.
by Oxford Dictionaries,
arachnid /uh-rak-nid/ noun a creature of a class including spiders, scorpions, mites, and ticks. arachnophobia /uh-rak-nuh-foh- bi-uh/ noun extreme fear of spiders. arbiter /ar-bi-ter/ noun 1 a person who settles a dispute.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arachnid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Arachnid
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: david_shane
Photo credit: ejharaldseid
Photo credit: happy1nva
Photo credit: traveling.lunas
Photo credit: badjonni
Huge. About the length of a giant hand.
Photo credit: Quasimime
Photo credit: D Simmonds
Photo credit: sanbeiji
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Arachnid
Video shows what arachnid means. Any of the eight-legged creatures, including spiders and scorpions, of the class Arachnida. Arachnid Meaning. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Arachnid!
Quotes about Arachnid
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'arachnid"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1R1A1C3H4N1I1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ARACHNID
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Arachnid!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Arachnid to see it in context!