On this page:
- Definition of the noun Archaeotherium
- Phrases with Archaeotherium
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Archaeotherium
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Archaeotherium
- Photos about Archaeotherium
- Scrabble value of A1R1C3H4A1E1O1T1H4E1R1I1U1M3
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Archaeotherium
What does Archaeotherium mean as a name of something?
Archaeotherium is a genus of Entelodontidae, described by Leidy in 1850.
- synonyms: genus Archaeotherium / Scaptohyus / genus Scaptohyus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Mammalia
- order: Artiodactyla
- family: Entelodontidae
- species Archaeotherium clavus
- species Archaeotherium coarctatum
- species Archaeotherium ingens
- species Archaeotherium lemleyi
- species Archaeotherium marshi
- species Archaeotherium minimus
- species Archaeotherium mortoni
- species Archaeotherium ordosius
- species Archaeotherium palustris
- species Archaeotherium ramosus
- species Archaeotherium scotti
- species Archaeotherium trippensis
- species Archaeotherium wanlessi
- species Eotherium abeli
- species Eotherium markgrafi
Archaeotherium is a genus of Mammalia, described by von Huene in 1925.
Archaeotherium is an extinct genus of entelodont artiodactyl endemic to North America during the Eocene and Oligocene epochs, existing for approximately 6 million years. Archaeotherium was about 1.2m tall at the shoulder and around 2m long and weighing around 270kg.
- also known as 古豬獸
Phrases with Archaeotherium
- Archaeotherium Marshi
- Archaeotherium Potens
- Archaeotherium Lemleyi
- Archaeotherium Minimus
- Archaeotherium Mortoni
- Archaeotherium Ramosus
- Archaeotherium Altidens
- Archaeotherium Palustris
- Archaeotherium Coarctatum
- Archaeotherium Trippensis
- Species Archaeotherium Trippensis
- Genus Archaeotherium
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Archaeotherium
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Or, a Description of Remains of Extinct Mammalia and Chelonia, from the Mauvaises Terres of Nebraska by Joseph Leidy
Archaeotherium is a remarkable genus of suilline ungulata combining apparent ruminant and carnivorous characteristics. In the form of its superior molar teeth it ...
ARCHAEoTHERIUM is a remarkable genus of Pachydermata, which, as since ascertained by the inspection of a fragment of a face containing several true molares, in the possession of Dr. David D.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
Archaeotherium (är'ké-Ö-thé'ri-um), n. . [NL., < Gr. apraioc, ancient, + 6mptov, wild beast.] One of several names which have been given to a genus of extinct swine, of the family Chaerootamidae, in which the last lower true molar as no third ...
The Century Dictionary (1914)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language
Comprising the Definitions and Derivations of the Scientific Terms in General Use, Together with the History and Descriptions of the Scientific Principles of Nearly Every Branch of Human Knowledge by William Thomas Brande, George William Cox
thus, Amodus, Archaeotherium, *Anthracotherium, Acotherium, * Heterohyus, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Archaeotherium
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Archaeotherium
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1R1C3H4A1E1O1T1H4E1R1I1U1M3
The value of this 14-letter word is 24 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine