ARE. appears in many tongue twisters:
- My back black brake blocks are broken.
- Casual clothes are provisional for leisurely trips across Asia.
- In pine tar is. In oak none is. In mud eels are. In clay none is.
(If read fast, it sounds like gibberish.)
ARE. appears in the following pangrams (sentences using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Quizotic knights' wives are found on jumpy old zebras. (44 letters)
- Jim quickly realized that the beautiful gowns are expensive. (51 letters)
ARE. appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Oh, cameras are macho.
- Trades are erased art.
- So, camera solos are MacOS?
On this page:
- Are. a.k.a. The United Arab Emirates, sometimes simply called the Emirates or the UAE, is a country located in the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf, bordering Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south, as well as sharing sea borders with Qatar and Iran. In 2013, the UAE's total population was 9.2 million, of which 1.4 million are Emirati citizens and 7.8 million are expatriates from around the world.
- also known as UAE, Emirates
- founded on (43 years ago)
- part of Asia, Arabian Peninsula, Middle East, Arab world, Eurasia, Southern Sun Hotel Group, Arabia, Gulf States
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- read more about United Arab Emirates (country)
- Are. a.k.a. Åre is a locality and one of the leading Scandinavian ski resorts situated in Åre Municipality, Jämtland County, Sweden with 1,417 inhabitants in 2010. It is however, not the seat of the municipality, which is Järpen. 25% of the municipal industry is based on tourism, most notably the downhill skiing and biking resorts in Åre and Storlien. The growth in tourism has resulted in the development of hotels, recreational and shopping opportunities in the area.
- Are. a.k.a. Antonio (Nery) Juarbe Pol Airport: Antonio Juarbe Pol Airport is a public use airport located three nautical miles of the central business district of Arecibo, Puerto Rico. It is owned by the Puerto Rico Ports Authority. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation airport.
- part of 00612
- Are. a.k.a. Are is a fictional character from 2010 action film Valhalla Rising.
- Are. a.k.a. Are is a fictional character from the 2005 film Brownies.
- "Are." a.k.a. "aRe" is a musical album of Wim Mertens.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Are." a.k.a. "Åre" is a musical album of Bukkene Bruse.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Are." a.k.a. "Are" is a musical album of Toucan Uke.
- released on
- "Are." a.k.a. "Are" is a composition.
- music by Tatsuya Yoshida
- "Are." a.k.a. "Yes" is a 2010 single by Sirvan Khosravi.
- also known as Are
- Are. a.k.a. Xetá Language: Xetá is an extinct tupi-guarani language of Brazil.
- also known as Seta, Cheta, Sheta, Aré, Xeta language
- Are. a.k.a. Are is a genus of moths in the family Arctiidae. The type species is Are druryi, which is found on Jamaica. This species was described by Dru Drury in 1773 under the name Phalaena marginata, but this name is preoccupied by Phalaena marginata Linnaeus, 1758 and a new specific epithet, honouring Drury, was assigned in 1986.
- Are. a.k.a. Are is an human language.
- also known as Ade Bhasha, Arrey, Arya, Kalika Arya Bhasha, Aray
- Are. a.k.a. Arrarnta, Western Language is an human language.
- also known as Arunta, Aranda
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ARE.
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about ARE.
Anagrams of ARE.
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of ARE.!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ARE. to see it in context!