The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun arranger:
On this page:
Definition of the noun arranger
What does arranger mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: arrangers
- a person who brings order and organization to an enterprise
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of arranger: organiser / organizer
- more generic word: thinker = someone who exercises the mind
- more specific words:
- a musician who adapts a composition for particular voices or instruments or for another style of performance
Alternative definition of the noun arranger
- One who arranges.
- Arranger a.k.a. Music Arranger: A music arranger is someone who arranges a musical piece for a performer, a group of performers or other musical ensembles.
- also known as Musical arranger, Song Arranger, Music Arranger: Songs
- Arranger: In investment banking, an arranger is a provider of funds in the syndication of a debt. They are entitled to syndicate the loan or bond issue, and may be referred to as the "lead underwriter". This is because this entity bears the risk of being able to sell the underlying securities/debt or the cost of holding it on its books until such time in the future that they may be sold. They do not necessarily acquire all the debt - this may be split into various parts and sold to a variety of Arrangers.
- Arranger: The person who arranged, programmed, ported, rendered etc.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Arranger
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Alice Parkinson
| arrangement arranger is a method of playing the . notes in a chord. Rather than . playing all of the notes simul- . taneously, the performer is . asked to play ( or sing) each . of the notes of the chord . separately and in succession. . Arpeggios ...
Temples of Sound (2003)
Inside the Great Recording Studios by Jim Cogan, William Clark
The arranger is the venerable Johnny Pate. who does all of Curtis's stuff these days. Producing is the man with the big ears. the one who hears hits where others don't. Carl Davis. the steward of Chi-SouL Behind the board. naturally a custom ...
Credit Risk Analysis (2006)
A Tryst with Strategic Prudence by Ciby Joseph
Arranger is the institution that is involved in negotiating terms and documentation and syndicates the facilities among the interested participants. Another role is that of the Agent. The Agent is the one who is responsible for post-sanction duties ...
Structured Finance (2005)
Techniques, Products and Market by Stefano Caselli, Stefano Gatti
– The Arranger is the institution responsible for the asset placement into the primary market. The success and the costs of the whole transaction depend mainly on the placement skills of the Arranger.
Tracing Tangueros (2016)
Argentine Tango Instrumental Music by Kacey Link, Kristin Wendland
The arranger is a creator too, because there are so many harmonies as you can think of. But you never have to miss the tango essence.90 ...
by Lol Henderson, Lee Stacey
OFTHE ARRANGER Musicians such as guitarist and banjoist Elmer Snowden ( the original bandleader of what became the Duke Ellington Orchestra) had experimented with larger ensembles as early asthe 1920s,andby the mid1950sthebig ...
by John Shepherd, David Horn, Dave Laing, Paul Oliver, Peter Wicke
KEN GARNER Arranger An arranger is a person whose task is to convert a musical text from one form to another. In most instances, this means recasting a piece of music into a version performable by a different instrument or a different kind of ...
Finnish-English dictionary (1916)
by Karl Vilhelm Arminen, Eetu Aaltio
arranger, orderer. -telma s. system, -telmalllnen a. systematic, -tely s. ordering, arrangement, regulation. -tyn itr. become arranged, get settled. jarjestys s. order, arrangement, array, -liiku s. ordinal number, -mles s. overseer; orderly, ...
by Vincent Terrace
Jane Kean Executive producer: Jack Philbin Producer: Ed Waglin Director: Jackie Gleason Announcer: Johnny Olsen Music composer: Jackie Gleason Music conductor: Jackie Gleason Music arranger: George Williams Writer: Walter Stone, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Arranger
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Arranger
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Flower Arranger
Photo credit: Mike Prince
- Flower Arranger
Photo credit: Eye Of The Storm
- The Flower Arranger
Photo credit: Hammerin Man
- Arranger Zukiswa Mosidi
CDC South Africa Travel Arranger Zukiswa Mosidi scaled new heights in assisting with the painting.
Photo credit: CDC Global Health
- Flower Seller, Flower Arranger - Ogata Gekko
Photo credit: UCL News
Video about Arranger
Video shows what arranger means. One who arranges.. Arranger Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say arranger. Powered by ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Arranger!
Quotes about Arranger
Jeff Lynne is an arranger, and I think it's probably much easier for him to go ahead and play a part himself than to try to show somebody else what he wants. But it's hard for me to say; I barely know Jeff. (Benmont Tench)
more quotes about arranger...
Scrabble value of A1R1R1A1N1G2E1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Arranger to see it in context!