On this page:
Who is Artavazd Peleshyan?
Artavazd Peleshyan: Artavazd Ashoti Peleshyan is an Armenian director of film-essays, a documentarian in the history of film art, and a film theorist. However, his work, unlike Maya Deren's, is not avant-garde, nor does it try to explore the absurd. It is also not really art for art's sake, like the work of Stan Brakhage, for instance, but is generally acknowledged, rather, as a poetic view of life transferred onto film.
- also known as Artavazd Peleschjan, Arthur Peleshian, Artur Pelashian, Pelesjan, Artavazd Ashoti Peleshian, Artavazd Peleshian, Arthur Pelechian, Artur Pelechian, Artur, Artur Peleshian, Artavazd Peleshi͡an, Artavazd Ašotovič Pelešjan, Artavazd Pelešjan, Artavazd Pelechian, Artavazd Ashoti Peleshyan
- born on (77 years ago) in Gyumri
- nationality: Soviet Union, Russia, Armenia
- profession: Film editor, screenwriter, film director
- read more about Artavazd Peleshyan (film director)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Artavazd Peleshyan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Film Studies (2012)
by Annette Kuhn, Guy Westwell
Artavazd Peleshyan. Since independence, state subsidy and the launch in 2004 of the Golden Apricot *film festival in Yerevan have helped foster an emerging film culture, with a number of directors, including Arsen Azatyan, Harutyun ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Artavazd Peleshyan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: